Solved

Best looking/easiest to understand weekly social report for internal use?

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey everyone! I send weekly reports to department heads over at my company that include the following…

News page likes

Growth

Impressions

Top performing posts w/ metrics

• screenshots of those posts

In that report, I also include our weekly e-mail stats + website metrics from GA.

I’m basically assembling this report in another document because I find the reports on Sprout aren’t easy for someone who doesn’t know much about marketing to read and understand.

Does anyone have advice on the best template/format to use? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by mike.blight 31 August 2022, 18:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey everyone! I send weekly reports to department heads over at my company that include the following…

News page likes

Growth

Impressions

Top performing posts w/ metrics

• screenshots of those posts

In that report, I also include our weekly e-mail stats + website metrics from GA.

I’m basically assembling this report in another document because I find the reports on Sprout aren’t easy for someone who doesn’t know much about marketing to read and understand.

Does anyone have advice on the best template/format to use? 

Thank you!

Hi Stefanie! 

If you have Premium Analytics, one of the best and most underutilized features is report annotations. That gives space for Sprout users to write in context and explanation. This blog post shows how: https://sproutsocial.com/insights/popular-custom-reporting-options/

We also have a reporting toolkit (link here) but I’d start with the first link provided. There’s a ton of value that you can get while using Sprout! We want to make sure that you’re saving time with reporting and reporting features. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I report quarterly to the higher ups and put it all in a PPT so it’s in a format they’re used to seeing and I can really just highlight the bigger picture and add my own context around why it matters and how it supports overall business. Most see a number and don’t know if that’s a good figure or not, so I often include percentage growth over previous period and industry average as a benchmark. If the figure is good, I reinforce why our strategy is working, if it’s lower, I offer suggestions around how I’m going to pivot. 

Badge

Thanks, Lisa!