Solved

Facebook New Pages Experience and Sprout Integration

• 24 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For months now, after moving our Facebook page to the New Pages Experience, Sprout’s super customer service team has been trying to figure out why we can’t reply to Facebook private messages via Sprout. Of course, now we’re all at the mercy of Facebook’s support team figuring things out on their end, so it’s been a long-term holding pattern (Sprout does a great job of checking back in with me as we wait).

I’m mostly wondering if anyone else has run into this brick wall and if you’ve seen a resolution to it? I can reply to private messages with no issue within native Facebook platforms. I can reply to Facebook comments and Instagram comments and DMs via Sprout, too. It’s just Facebook PMs that are the problem.

icon

Best answer by jessie.brown 11 April 2022, 14:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Jessie,

I hope you aren’t still dealing with this issue. I’ve commented here to bump this back to the top to see if others are experiencing this and can help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks, Laura! I finally figured out that somehow Facebook had oddly duplicated one of my admin accounts in Business Manager and that was registering with Facebook as a non-authentic account. I removed that and things have been working so far - again, nothing on Sprout’s end, and I got impatient with waiting for Facebook for months and finally figured it out on my own! Thanks for checking in on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m glad to hear it’s working again Jessie!