Infuriating! Level One Support

• 5 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Infuriating !! Level One Support should never disconnect a profile before asking permission!!! My suggestion is that Level One Support should NEVER take these sorts of initiatives.

I have a minor issue. Ask support for advice. And on a Saturday morning OVER A WEEK AFTER ASKING THE QUESTION - I get this email.

The problem being that I was not the Admin who connected this profile and that Admin is away this weekend!! So my profile is disconnected from Sprout thanks to a lazy inexperienced level one support person.

From Support: “It looks like your profile may need to have its permissions refreshed. I've just prompted this profile for reconnection on my end. Do you mind refreshing your page and then clicking the notification icon in the right-hand corner of Sprout? From there you'll want to follow the prompt to reconnect your profile under the "Issues" tab.”

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Brad, I’m sorry to hear about this! Is the report that a support rep from Sprout disconnected a profile? This is not expected behavior. I want to make sure I’ve got the report right as I pass this along and gather details.

I’m going to move this to get and give advice. This section is more for product ideas, but this is good feedback and I’d like to keep it public to see if others have had any issues like this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It happened again yesterday!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey @brad.keeling, I reached out to the support team leadership and they let me know that they're working with you on the ticket and will keep comms there. Just to confirm that we do prompt reauthorizations, but won't delete an account. We do this to help when troubleshooting an issue. In this case, you were working with a Senior Technician who was working with our escalations and engineering teams with you on an issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It’s fair to say that I may not understand the subtleties of prompting a reauthorisation. The Group in question has certain Facebook Profiles in it but it is not those profiles’ main group. Both of the other two profiles are in their own main Groups. So my question is this (and I’m happy to deal with the support person but I’ll tell you my dilemma and likely misunderstanding): 

If by prompting a reauthorisation, does that stop messages/comments coming into the inbox of the groups that those profiles feed into? 

To be clear, as an example, the Domain Facebook page feeds into the Domain Group as well as the Domain New Devs Group. The Domain Group InBox is monitored in almost real time as it can get in excess of 60 comments a minute. And, therefore should a reauthorisation prompt temprarily pause comments coming into the inbox it would be problematic for us. But the Domain New Devs Group is only monitored as a back up primarily to look at specific Ad comments.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

And Now Again … just today!

I need a senior person’s help

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@LauraPorcincula Is there some way someone can get a more knowledgeable support person to look at the issue request #711837 "Image not in Post Performan..."

I have asked that no support person ever prompt a re-auth on my account without asking me first and now it’s 5pm here and I’m trying to get thgings done for this evening and everything is waiting on your level one support person Marfe who has ruined my evening 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @brad.keeling

I have reached out to our team to connect with you on this request. You should hear from them shortly, if you haven’t heard already.