Have you joined BeReal?

Have you joined BeReal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I recently joined BeReal and am curious if other folks are also using it? For those who aren’t as familiar, BeReal is a social media platform built around spontaneity.

prompt goes out to everyone at the same time. You have two minutes to take a picture of yourself and your surroundings—and if you don’t, the app lets your friends know.

Want to learn more? Check out this latest article by Sprout Social’s Katie Woods! 

https://sproutsocial.com/insights/bereal-social-media-authenticity/

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Fully on the BeReal hype but from a personal perspective only. 

I can’t see itr working for the B2B brand I manage..yet but I also like that it seems to be an app that is standing ground on offering something uniquely different and focused on moments over curated content. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I just downloaded it this week! Totally agree with @Mozz, I like how it is offering something unique and is focused on the moment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Fully on the BeReal hype but from a personal perspective only. 

I can’t see itr working for the B2B brand I manage..yet but I also like that it seems to be an app that is standing ground on offering something uniquely different and focused on moments over curated content. 

I’m so curious where it will go! I saw Chipotle recently joined, could be interesting for B2C brands, wonder what it would look like or a B2B brand.

Userlevel 1

I’ve a lot of ‘commentators’ and experts comment that it doesn't have a very long lifespan etc but I’m hoping that's not the case. 

I think their marketing of the app (via tiktok) is really good a reinforcing the brand message and highlighting why this app is different. I also think there is room for a simplified, non curated app so META shouldn’t get all gate-keeper and copy it. 

There is room for everyone, legacy and new. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Shoot, I am behind the trend.  Haven’t even heard of it yet. 😜 What is so special about this one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Nicki  it’s quite interesting. It’s all about unfiltered in the moment posting. You basically get a notification randomly asking you to share a picture. Check it out!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Interesting.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just heard to Instagram testing a similar feature! 👀 https://gizmodo.com/instagram-bereal-copy-ig-candid-challenges-1849444854

I actually love it but it’s a super small group of friends on there, and that makes it feels more like an extension of Whatsapp because of it. 

I saw a tweet somewhere that said something like ‘bereal is just a yassification of snapchat’. Which kinda helps sum it up. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Haven’t heard of this one yet, but as I’m entrenched in B2B tech, I’m often behind on the fad of the day. Joining a new platform as a brand is an investment of time and energy and as a team of 1, I tend to try to do 2-3 platforms well, rather than spread myself thin and try to be on all of them. Will keep an eye on this though and see if it moves the needles for companies. 

As a user of BeReal, I don’t believe that brands will perform well on BeReal nor would you be able to track metrics that would give indication to invest more in the platform. I don’t foresee users following brands on BeReal and its not relevant to B2B marketing