Giveaway

Community Question Giveaway 🎁

Community Question Giveaway 🎁

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I miss blogs! When I worked social media for a teen book festival, we would have different teens author blog posts about the books they were reading and the authors they were excited to meet. The posts were authentic and a great way to capture different voices.

I feel like blogs now are more about advertising, rather than authentic content.

Sometimes, it is difficult to understand how much social media has grown since 2010. I think about the first time I had a silly little iPhone and posted a silly photo on this silly app call Instagram. Who knew over 14 years it would become a space to share creativity, silly moments, anniversaries, announcements, and my favorite app of them all. 

Though there are many negatives and conflictions when it comes to social media, I love the fact it has shaped into this new way of marketing, reaching an insane amount of audiences. You just did not see that in 2010. I believe there were so many important topics people weren’t aware of, not because they didn’t want to know, but they had no connection outside their own bubble of where they live.

Social media has show a new type of creativity and art all while connecting people all over the world who are just like one another. I love the special ‘toks’ like booktok, foodtok, traveltok, and the millions of other tok groups out there. It is incredible to see the door it has open for jobs, a way to make money, all while still being able to share your authentic shelf.

What is most nostalgic for me? Using Valencia on every Instagram post from the year 2010-2015.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you all for participating! Loved reading the different perspective and going down memory lane!

🏆 Congratulations to our winners, @tiffany.cooke and @hayley.gilbert! Please fill out the following form to get your prizes shipped to you: https://forms.gle/Cg68hgrctyZ9HiwHA 

"Road work ahead? Uh, yeah, I sure hope it does." Remember the days of "I'm in me mum's car, broom broom"? And who could forget "A potato flew around my room"? When I hear "What are those?" or "Do it for the Vine," it takes me back. But now, it's all about "My money don’t jiggle jiggle, it folds. I like pentagon detailing to see you wiggle, wiggle, for sure." How about a "Negroni, sbagliato, with prosecco in it," please? "Look at all those chickens!" Why are you "always lyin'"? "Ain't nobody got time for that!" "It’s Wednesday, my dudes." "Yeet!" "Ooh, kill 'em!" Sometimes I wonder, "Is this real life?" "Damn, Daniel!" And of course, "Cash me outside, how 'bout dat?" Social media really makes you think, "What a time to be alive!”

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Toddboehly I literally laughed at these! So many good memories haha