Effective: October 6, 2021
Community Rules and Code of Conduct
The Community is provided as a place for discussion of all things Sprout Social, and to enable users to communicate and post content related to our products and services. The following rules and guidelines are presented here to set out the standards we expect users to follow when using the Community.
You must not post or use this Community in any way that:
- shares anything that you wouldn’t expect someone to say to you or to be made public or posts or sends any content or materials you do not have the right to post;
- is pornographic, obscene, vulgar or contains other profane or offensive words;
- is predatory, deceptive (including deliberately provide incorrect or misleading information regarding us, our products and services), harmful, abusive, threatening, or creates annoyance (i.e. “spamming” or “trolling”) to any person using the Community, including to any of our employees;
- is sexist, homophobic, racist or discriminatory or defamatory to any person, entity or establishment;
- is disrespectful or offensive in our reasonable opinion;
- infringes rights (not limited to intellectual property rights) or violates the privacy of of any individual/entity/organization;
- violates any local, national, or international law or incites or encourages others to break any such law;
- shares any confidential information of Sprout Social, and with respect to Customer Advisory Board members specifically, discusses or shares any privileged product-related information, upcoming updates or announcements, or your assessment and details of your participation in the Customer Advisory Board;
- contains any personal details or information relating to you or another person, like email addresses, financial details, national identification numbers, home addresses or phone numbers;
- contains job solicitations or commercial advertisements, or shares any information that is confidential to your employer or company or any other third party;
- impersonates or attempts to impersonate another person, not dependent on whether the person is a user or not. Trying to access another person’s account without permission is also not allowed;
- posts any links or uploads any files to our Community which contain or reference illegal software, viruses or malware, pornographic content or other objectionable content or material;
- tampers with postings, submissions or content of other users;
- is likely to cause or produce any damage to the Community or servers, systems, or any third parties by trying to access data or a user’s data or to breach the Community’s security, including, but not limited to, the probing, scanning, or testing for potential flaws or vulnerabilities;
- is likely to damage the operation of another’s computer or electronic device, including but not limited to viruses, malware, ransomware, Trojan horses, worms, rootkits, or other malicious code;
- uses any automated system such as scripts for the purpose of following users, posting and/or sending messages;
- has any content related to potential or confirmed bugs or security vulnerabilities, or any other information related to the security or privacy of Sprout Social or the social networks;
- publicly discuss any actions of, or communications with, the Community moderators or Sprout Social employees;
- violates the terms, policies or guidelines of any third party services, including social media networks and other integration partners of Sprout Social; or
- violates the terms of your agreement with Sprout Social.
- keep the threads related to the topic. Start a new thread if the conversation changes;
- search the Community before posting a question. The answer may already be there;
- do share what you know. It may help others; and
- take care when deciding whether to follow another user’s advice. The advice is theirs only and it may not always solve your issue.
To participate in the Community, you must be a user of Sprout Social and register using your Sprout Social email address. You are not allowed to register multiple accounts. Any user found to be active under multiple identities risks having one or more accounts suspended and their membership removed. You must be at least 18 years or older in order to participate in the Community. By using the Community, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years or older. We reserve the right to verify your age.
As between you and Sprout Social, any text, images, ideas, audio-visual content or other data and materials that you upload, post, or make available on or via the Community (your “Content”), excluding any Sprout Social content contained therein, is owned by you. You acknowledge and agree that your Content remains your sole responsibility. By uploading or posting your Content on the Community, you acknowledge that your Content will be exposed to the public. By using the Community, you grant Sprout Social a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, adapt, reproduce, translate, create derivative works, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, edit, translate and reformat your Content. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Content, and Sprout Social has no obligation to post or use any Content you may provide.
All intellectual property rights in the Community and any material or content supplied or made available by Sprout Social will remain at all times the property of Sprout Social. We reserve all of our rights in respect of Sprout Social’s content on the Community. Sprout Social hereby authorizes you to copy materials published by Sprout Social on this website solely for non-commercial use within your organization in support of Sprout Social products. No other use of the information is authorized.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed or contained within the Community are the property of Sprout Social or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of Sprout Social or such third party which may own the Mark. "Sprout Social" and all Sprout Social product names are trademarks of Sprout Social, Inc.
Although you are not required to provide any feedback, you assign to us all of your worldwide right, title and interest in and to any and all feedback, suggestions, requests, or recommendations that you provide to us regarding our products and services or within the Community (“Feedback”). You acknowledge and understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this section, and any Feedback that you submit does not guarantee that Sprout Social will make any such updates or improvements to our products and services. We reserve the right to evaluate all Feedback at our sole discretion.
Submissions and Moderation
Although we may remove outdated material on the Community, you acknowledge and agree that the Content provided to us is correct at the time of posting. You are advised to check the date of a post before you rely on the advice provided in a post.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation on Liability
Your use of the Community is entirely at your own risk. Sprout Social does not accept any liability for (a) any damage or loss you suffer as a result of your use of the Community, (b) any failure, suspensions, or termination of access to the Community, and (c) any content on the Community, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in the material or your reliance on such material.
The content on the Community is provided by us and by other users for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. We cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any content made available by other users of the Community, and you understand that you must evaluate and bear all such risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the content, integrity and accuracy.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMMUNITY IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCURACY OF CONTENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SPROUT SOCIAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY OF THE COMMUNITY OR THAT THE COMMUNITY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ERROR-FREE OR IN A FULLY OPERATING CONDITION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPROUT SOCIAL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMMUNITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE COMMUNITY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY BY SPROUT SOCIAL TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE), ARISING FROM THE COMMUNITY, AND YOUR USE THEREOF, EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).
Governing Law and Venue
Disclosure of Content
Waiver and Severability
Login to the community
Shared loginLogin to Sprout
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.