Recognizing What Deserves Recognition

• 11 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Social media moves at such a quick pace that social media professionals tend to move just as quickly, always trying to be a step ahead rather than fall behind. But in that rush to always know what’s coming next, we forget to celebrate the moments that have so quickly come and gone - even moments of excellence.

If you’re like me, you’re always so busy trying to surpass your last greatest effort that you sometimes miss just how remarkable that effort had been. Oftentimes, we don’t take the time to sit and appreciate the strategy and creativity that we put into something like a social media campaign, so we miss the fact that others may find value in that work beyond the norm.

Luckily, I’m part of a company that took the time to not only notice that value, but went a step further in seeking out an opportunity to have it recognized at a larger scale. Earlier this year, that effort resulted in a social media campaign that I led becoming a finalist in the Social Media Campaign category of the PR Daily Social Media & Digital Awards, recognized alongside companies such as Cisco, Hallmark Media and the Ritz-Carlton. Not only were we the sole company in the veterinary industry recognized in this award category this year, but the campaign that we received an honorable mention for showcased the amazing stories of our Associates who make a difference every day, something I had set out to include more of in our social media content this year.

So, I urge you to take a step back from time to time and evaluate the work you have completed. Circle back with the stakeholders on a campaign and let them know not only how the campaign performed overall, but also how your strategic decisions helped to achieve a greater impact. We make these decisions so frequently that upon first glance, they may seem unremarkable to us. But giving yourself the time to reflect on the work and how your skill and effort impacted it may just help you to identify those moments of excellence you might have otherwise missed.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!