Question

Thoughts on backdating Facebook posts?

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all, just wanted to hear the community’s thoughts on using the backdate feature on Facebook. Does anyone use it often, why or why not? Has anyone seen benefit - or even negative impacts - using it?

I work with a few clients that like to use it, though it’s sometimes because content was published late or past a specific date. Does anyone know if backdating posts negatively affects post performance or SEO? 

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 2

I’d also love to see an answer to this question.

Userlevel 3

I didn’t even know this was possible, as there a couple times I could have used this.

I think it would be beneficial for posting images, etc, to a specific event date and you are posting after the fact.

I could see it being used nefariously by some, for instance when they need social proof for an alibi.  (i.e., I couldn’t have murdered the victim, if I was posting this image of me at “insert location” here). LOL.

Hi mariah :)

I seldom use the function when the scheduling automation function fails (either natively or via Sprout).

Although it’s not a regular occurrence, I haven’t noticed any negative affects on the post performance. 

I hope that helps,

Cleo.