Skip to main content

Hi Everyone!  Is anyone managing Nextdoor for clients?  We have a client who’s locations get discussed a lot on the platform - so much so that we may need to start engaging there.  Would love to get feedback on any experiences when it comes to management, monitoring, etc. 

I remember seeing @Tyler Wardrop mention that their organization uses Nextdoor, and may have tons of insights here! 

Thank you so much, @Gayatri Shukla!  I’ll reach out to @Tyler Wardrop.   

I remember seeing @Tyler Wardrop mention that their organization uses Nextdoor, and may have tons of insights here! 

Yes, we have a few different ad campaigns that we run on Nextdoor. We also do some community management, although the number of mentions is fairly low. Happy to answer any questions you might have, Ashley!

@Tyler Welch amazing!  Are you managing multiple locations?  I’d love to hear more about the community management and how that’s going since it’s all done directly in the Nextdoor Platform.  Let me know if you want to connect outside of Sprout!

@ashley.casarella We have multiple locations as well. I will say that Nextdoor doesn’t make it easy especially with more than 10 locations having to be in a separate account. For community management you also have to switch between accounts manually which isn’t ideal either. Not to say the platform isn’t worth the effort, but it is a decent lift if you have plenty of locations and engagement.

I’m interested in this info, too. @Tyler Wardrop if I read correctly, it sounds like NextDoor allows you to manage up to 10 locations under one account? How is verification handled as a business; do you have to get a post card mailed to an address within each community you want to monitor? 

I’m interested in this info, too. @Tyler Wardrop if I read correctly, it sounds like NextDoor allows you to manage up to 10 locations under one account? How is verification handled as a business; do you have to get a post card mailed to an address within each community you want to monitor? 

I only manage one location but it was super easy to get verified. We just uploaded our business license into our account and within a few hours they had reviewed it and verified it.

I’m interested in this info, too. @Tyler Wardrop if I read correctly, it sounds like NextDoor allows you to manage up to 10 locations under one account? How is verification handled as a business; do you have to get a post card mailed to an address within each community you want to monitor? 

As @sara.braintrust mentioned, it’s fairly simple when uploading a business license or other business documentation.

@Tyler Wardrop This was a great post and thanks for all your insight! As a follow up question, for community management only, are you able to manage comments/mentions about your businesses for areas outside of your local Nextdoor location? My understanding was organically, we couldn’t monitor and manage communities unless you lived there too. And we aren’t looking to add paid ads for most markets at this time. Thanks!

@Tyler Wardrop This was a great post and thanks for all your insight! As a follow up question, for community management only, are you able to manage comments/mentions about your businesses for areas outside of your local Nextdoor location? My understanding was organically, we couldn’t monitor and manage communities unless you lived there too. And we aren’t looking to add paid ads for most markets at this time. Thanks!

Great question! You are able to perform community management and edit profiles regardless of location. I am able to access accounts across 5 different states for my organization. Just simply have to switch between the accounts to do so.