Instagram Stories not able to be shared inter-platform

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi! I am trying to grow my nonprofit’s Instagram account, and recently realized our Stories are not sharable on Instagram. Our posts, however, are sharable.

I’ve looked at our Stories from multiple other accounts and indeed they cannot be shared on Instagram. Several of my colleagues have asked me to fix this so they can share our company posts - which I really would love them to do!

I’ve been through all our settings and everything looks good - all content is sharable, we are public, we have a business account….

Has anyone had this happen and figured out how to fix it?? I submitted a request for help via Instagram but I’m not optimistic about hearing back...

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Do you mean you’ve posted a story to your organization’s account and someone wants to share that story to their stories?

To do that, you have to tag the person or account. You can either tag them right away (@their.account). If you forget to do this, you can hit the little three buttons (more) in the lower left corner and “add mentions” and add them that way.

ah - I thought any account can share the IG Story of another account unless sharing is turned off?? Is that not the case??

Basically - In settings I’ve enabled sharing for the nonprofit’s account, but then when I am logged into my personal account, indeed I cannot share the Story from the nonprofit’s account. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Correct, it isn’t the case. A story can be shared to others as a DM, but not to other’s stories unless the person is tagged.

Try tagging yourself in the organization’s story, then you will be able to share to your stories.