Community Spotlight: Dan Levey

Community Spotlight: Dan Levey
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Meet Dan Levey, Social Media Manager - Team Lead at Nelnet

In his role, @dan.levey oversees all social media accounts for Nelnet and its business lines. From crafting strategies to collaborating with creative teams and running paid social campaigns, Dan wears many hats. Plus, he recently launched an Employee Advocacy Program!

Fun Fact: Dan can seamlessly weave a Simpsons reference into any conversation – even at work!

Recent Project: Dan is particularly proud of a paid campaign he led for Nelnet's recruiting team. Working closely with the creative team felt more like fun banter among friends than work.

Favorite Social Account: Right now, Dan is loving the National Park Service on Instagram and Twitter for their captivating social media presence.

Off-Duty Fun: When he's not working, Dan enjoys quality time with his family, exploring new restaurants, and attending movies, concerts, and comic cons.

Inspiration Source: Dan finds inspiration from fellow social media professionals in the Arboretum and on LinkedIn.

Connect with Dan: Reach out to Dan on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and even TikTok!

Let's give a round of applause to Dan for his outstanding contributions to Nelnet's social media success! 

🔦 Want to be consider to be our spotlight member? Submit an application!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I love all of these accomplishments! But please tell me more about the AC/DC rockstar image shared here @dan.levey, this looks like my kind of “off-duty fun”. 😂 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you, @Laura Porcincula! That picture was taken at Power Trip Festival last year at Coachella. My friends and I all went and it was awesome. We saw Guns N’ Roses, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Tool, and Metallica. That photo was at the Modelo booth and we all get some Modelo SWAG. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love it @dan.levey! I’m a big Metallica fan, and would have loved to see all of those bands live. Nirvana is my all time favorite, can you tell I’m from Seattle? lol

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Laura Porcincula They all put on a great show. Nirvana is great, I also like Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. That must have been so cool growing up in Seattle when those bands were getting big. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I feel like we have very similar Spotify playlists @dan.levey.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I think we definitely do @Laura Porcincula