Skip to main content
Question

Instagram Reels Low Performance

• 22 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has seen a recent dip in performance for any Reels they’ve been publishing.

Within the last couple of days, I’ve published two different IG Reels for two different clients:

1. Scheduled and published straight from Sprout. Uses the client’s own sound. Usually their Reels get around 10,000 - 20,000 views and this one doesn’t even have 1,000.
  2. Created and published in IG. Uses a popular sound. Usually these Reels get 1,000 - 3,000 views and this one only has 150.

I just find it odd that both of these are underperforming, especially after IG working so hard to push Reels. Anyone else seeing anything odd? Thank you in advance!

3 replies

I’ve been experiencing this as well. The account I run is verified and has over 250k followers. Over the Summer we were averaging a reach of 2M and our Reels would always get above 50k views and 1k likes. Now we are getting anywhere from 100-800 likes, our reach is about 300k now, and our photo content is outperforming Reels. 

Badge

That is so weird! I just shared another Reel today, so we’ll have to see how it performs. 

Hey there! I had the same problem as well! I posted reels through Sprout exclusively for 2 weeks and the performance tanked. I just published one directly through the IG app and the engagement and reach was back to normal. I’m going to keep testing to see if that’s truly the case