Giveaway

Community Question: Content Sources

• 10 August 2023
  • 19 replies
Community Question: Content Sources
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there community! Today we’re talking all about content, so we’re curious about how you get inspired!

What's the most unexpected source of content inspiration you've stumbled upon? Is it a social media account, a blog, a website?

Answer this week’s question by Friday, August 11, 2023 for a chance to win swag!

19 replies

Userlevel 1

Most unexpected for me: songs (a single line, word, lyric can influence a whole caption for me, and I then create content around that caption).

Most common: trending audios, videos, etc. that I can spin into my niche.

Anecdotal comments from my friends -- interesting/fun pain points or stories that align with our brand and product.

Userlevel 1

An ad at the grocery store!

Other social media industry peers social media posts and insight.

My 14-year old and what he’s viewing.

Userlevel 1

My sister’s life and stories she tells me. She’s younger than me and sometimes has the best insights into what people are thinking/interested in. 

Userlevel 1

My friends who don’t work at the same place I do! Great ideas are created over a cold beer! 🍻

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  1. Stepping away from social and my computer to experience new things. So many ideas come to be on trips and vacations. 
  2. My go to accounts for inspo our Auntie Anne’s, Canva and Over the Moon. 

I get a lot of insight from other social media professionals on LinkedIn and Twitter/X, but a lot of great ideas are sparked from conversations with people outside of social/marketing. 

Userlevel 2

Friends who work in different industries

Userlevel 1

Jokes in meetings have spurred quite a few social campaigns. We like to have fun!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Recruiting events! I volunteer for our talent acquisition team and students have great questions that inspire some great company culture promotion!

Userlevel 2

Our sales/service team does report-outs every month where they share what our clients are talking about, what strategies/initiatives they’re prioritizing, what they need--which oftentimes mirrors what others in the industry are also thinking about. So I use these reports to mine our original content for related topics/solutions/etc, and then share the content on our social channels--for clients, as well as to showcase what our brand can do for others.

Badge

One of my highest performing posts came from a “conversation” with a 5 year old 🤣 

A competitor's blog. That is not an unusual source. I’m still searching for my gold mine of content inspiration. I have gained little inspiration from social media, and a few ideas from Pinterest. 

Userlevel 1

Love following brands outside my industry. I’m in local government.

And when I’m visually exhausted...some of why favorite 🎙 podcasts help get ideas started - Social Pros, Social Media Marketing (Social Media Examiner) and Masters of Scale. Also Debbie Millman’s Design Matters.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The National Park Service Instagram account always has me laughing 😆 and inspired to try something new!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

🏆 Thank you everyone for participating and sharing! Congratulations @Kalee.Williams, you were selected as the winner! Also to hear Auntie Anne’s is one of your favorites! Their social media manager is talking with us 9/12, join us: 

I’ll send you a private message to get your mailing details!  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Omg, I’m so excited! I just registered for the session on September 12th.