📆 Financial Services Industry Peer Group

• 30 May 2023
  • 8 replies
📆 Financial Services Industry Peer Group
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome to the Financial Services Industry Peer Group!

Meet folks working in the same industry as you to come together to share insights, discuss challenges, and provide support to one another. This event is a great opportunity to expand your network, gain new perspectives, and foster personal and professional growth.

RSVP:

Also, don’t forget to Subscribe to this post below for the latest updates, discussions, and recaps for this event. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you so much to all who attended the Financial Services Peer Group today! We had a great discussion that covered a variety of topics, recording will be emailed to attendees only later today.

Here are some of the questions we discussed:

1. What are some of the tactics you’ve found successful in engaging your followers and creating compelling content?
  2. How are you working with influencers?
  3. Please share some tips for a team of one
  4. How are you creating content quickly?
  5. What are some strategies you’ve found successful in growing your profiles organically?

This space is yours to continue the conversation, if there is a question we weren’t able to get to today go ahead and post it below. If you weren’t able to make it, let us know what you’re struggling with in the thread, so we can help you get through it.

@alex.sorrell @alexandra.white @alyssa.schwabe @andreanna.borrego-lewis @Axos Bank @beltonb @brooklyn.whitney @casey.kidik @chelsie.hadden @debbie.silva @emily.cornell @harriet.badley @helen.carlisle @HK.AppleFCU @J.G. @JaneK @jess.meyers @julia.roberts @karen.gonzalez @katie.murphy @kiyauna.m @Kris @Krista @lisa.sobel @liz.torok @maggie.pranckus @marit.winborn @marya.hammer @matthew.mcconnell @mbitzer @megan.wozniak @michelle.rose @mmellander @nikirana.hicks @ralynn.kelley @raven.gill @Rheanna @richard.parker @samvi.srivastava @Sarah M @sheila.smyre @siena.prosswimmer @silvia.bacchelli @smruti.patel @SouthStateVincent @Weronika W. @yesica.arce mendez 

I was having technical issues this morning and wasn’t able to successfully join. I’d love to hear more about the influencer conversation that occurred. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Krista, we didn’t spend a lot of time on influencers. However we did talk briefly about how it can be difficult to find the right local influencer.

A majority of folks in the group create content showcasing their employees, customer testimonials, and UGC. 

We would love to hear if you have any experience with influencers, either by finding success or experiencing challenges.

I also wasn’t able to attend the webinar due to a last minute conflict. I would love to here more about the answers to the following questions. Thanks! 

1. What are some of the tactics you’ve found successful in engaging your followers and creating compelling content?
  2. Please share some tips for a team of one
  3. How are you creating content quickly?
Userlevel 1
Badge

Was this event recorded?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @kiyauna.m ,

The recording was shared with the attendees only. We will host another peer group soon, if there any questions you have for the group please share them here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I would love to know what FIs everyone is with; I work for Republic Bank & Trust headquartered in Louisville, KY. I’ve been there since March of 2020 (inserts laughs and PTSD memes). I’m the solo person on the team working on social. Here are my answers below:

1. What are some of the tactics you’ve found successful in engaging your followers and creating compelling content? Still figuring this out but focusing on our community work and employees is our best perfoming content
  2. How are you working with influencers? Our compliance and legal teams would prefer we didn’t work with influencers at this time
  3. Please share some tips for a team of one Set boundaries and have proceedures in place. If you want a social post you have to submit a form with the information which triggers our ad controls process. Also have a good check list each week.
  4. How are you creating content quickly? Our forms really help and templates so that I get the info I need from people at the bank in order to make our organic content. Content about our products and services I look at what other FIs are doing and then tailor it to our brand (why reinvent the wheel). I used canned content from the ABA at times and Zelle though this content does not perform well for us, we still like to have some of it each month.
  5. What are some strategies you’ve found successful in growing your profiles organically? Having our employees engage with our content along with the local community non-profits has increased growth but we concentrate on steady growth rather than rapid growth by doing contests.

Hi all!

Wanted to share a new Financial Services Industry Webinar that Sprout Social is hosting on July 20th.

Building credibility and trust is not an easy feat for financial companies, especially given the current landscape. In our upcoming webinar, Sprout Social’s CFO, Joe Del Preto, myself (Meghan MacDonald, Financial Services Enterprise AE) will be unpacking the impact that social played in the collapse of SVB Bank and how firms can proactively leverage Sprout to manage those risks to turn them into opportunities.

This webinar is not one to miss! Save your spot here and feel free to forward this email to a colleague who’d be interested in attending as well.

@alex.sorrell @alexandra.white @alyssa.schwabe @andreanna.borrego-lewis @Axos Bank @beltonb @brooklyn.whitney @casey.kidik @chelsie.hadden @debbie.silva @emily.cornell @harriet.badley @helen.carlisle @HK.AppleFCU @J.G. @JaneK @jess.meyers @julia.roberts @karen.gonzalez @katie.murphy @kiyauna.m @Kris @Krista @lisa.sobel @liz.torok @maggie.pranckus @marit.winborn @marya.hammer @matthew.mcconnell @mbitzer @megan.wozniak @michelle.rose @mmellander @nikirana.hicks @ralynn.kelley @raven.gill @Rheanna @richard.parker @samvi.srivastava @Sarah M @sheila.smyre @siena.prosswimmer @silvia.bacchelli @smruti.patel @SouthStateVincent @Weronika W. @yesica.arce mendez