Holiday Giveaway Extravaganza

Giveaway Extravaganza: Day 1

• 11 December 2023
  • 74 replies
Giveaway Extravaganza: Day 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Kickstart your week by sharing a standout moment from your social media journey! Whether it’s a thrilling triumph or a hurdle you conquered, your story enters you to win a $50 Amazon gift card and a Wireless Lavalier Microphone. Join in the giveaway by sharing your experience in the Career Advice Forum!

How to Participate:

Share a moment from your social media marketing journey. It could be a triumph that made you proud or a challenge you successfully overcame. Let's celebrate and learn from each other's experiences!

Go to the Career Advice Forum, create a new post and drop a link to the post that you created there in the thread below to be officially entered  into today’s giveaway.

Want to see be the first to know of the other upcoming prizes and challenges? Subscribe to our giveaway thread:

Want to see the other giveaways? See the full line-up here: 

The Promotion begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on December 11, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on December 11, 2023. To participate in the promotion, engage with the outlined discussions by sharing a moment from your social media marketing journey for the chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card, Wireless Lavalier Microphone for iPhone, Arboretum Branded Tote and Pen. One prize will be awarded. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, 21 years or older. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy.

To read the full terms and conditions, here.

74 replies

A standout moment for me in my social media journey was when I started to engage with followers for a client. Being able to provide answers to specific questions and building on that relationship with the follower/customer was exciting and really cemented the value of creating social content relevant to my client’s customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love to hear it @erica.hanson! Make sure you to the Career Advice forum and create a new post to be officially entered, then come back and drop the link to that post.  

A standout moment for me was when a social campaign we ran for a local apartment complex doubled the number of rooms rented in just 6 months. We didn’t expect it to go that well and we were all thrilled to see the immediate results of our hard work. https://www.facebook.com/sokyrentalsbg

Link to my post found here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A standout moment for me was when a social campaign we ran for a local apartment complex doubled the number of rooms rented in just 6 months. We didn’t expect it to go that well and we were all thrilled to see the immediate results of our hard work. https://www.facebook.com/sokyrentalsbg

@stephanie.austin Make sure you go to the Career Advice forum and create a new post to be officially entered, then come back and drop the link to that post below! 

Userlevel 2

Two standout moments for me this year: Being able to present nationally on protecting social media managers’ mental health and achieving 2 million views on our hospital’s blog (that’s not strictly social, but in my role).

And my career post: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

A standout moment for me was when our CEO was approached at a big conference and was celebrated for our social media strategy. We are a very niche industry so finding groups to engage with was difficult. It was exciting to hear that our content was being utilized in safety meetings and referenced by their team. It was a small win, but made an impact on our CEO to continue to invest in social media.

Userlevel 1

A success story through social media management for me is I worked for a nonprofit for two years. They hadn’t really had anyone that was well-versed in social media before and didn’t put a lot of effort or strategy behind anything they did. When I came on, I really pushed the envelope of doing trends, staying “in the know” and strategizing with a variety of goals. 

Once I left, I had increased their social media engagement 95% from the previous two years! It was a great validation as a young digital marketer to know, “hey, maybe I DO know what i’m doing”! 

You can find the link to my post at: 

Thank you!

Intentionally planning to stay true to our brand is something I’m still learning about well into my career. My newest interest, along with the role of AI in social media strategy is personal branding for myself as a professional. Looking forward to exploring that more in 2024. ~ Christina

Userlevel 1

Here’s my post about applying for a job you don’t think you’re qualified for: 

Userlevel 1

Check out my standout moment! A lot of the users in here are to thank for giving me the idea! 

My AHA moment!

Hi! I want to share my advice: 

This is the correct thread right? @Jonathan Zuluaga 

When I partnered with Curl Mix on a give way to increase followers on my page and on theirs.  This was in conjunction with the release of a podcast episode where we interviewed the founder or Curl Mix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes! @Edmundo Gómez O! Thanks for participating and good luck! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Find the link to my post here: My Social Media Marketing Journey | the Arboretum (sproutsocial.com)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Here’s my entry!

Userlevel 2

A stand out moment for me would have to be when I was knew I was reaching the community with our Brand. People were receptive and commenting about my work and how we have a heavy presence on social media and in our community. That made me so happy and worth everything I do.

A key moment for me was learning more about audience targeting. Not all audiences care about the same content, and quality is more important than quantity when it comes to posting. Audience targeting has better enabled me to get the right content, to the right people, at the right time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is there an Android compatible version of the microphone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@chasity.rodriguez @jbmlc @mary @yewande.odusanwo @camryn.reid To officially be entered make sure you create a new post in Career Advice and then just share the link to that post in this thread! 🙌

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How to Participate:

Share a moment from your social media marketing journey. It could be a triumph that made you proud or a challenge you successfully overcame. Let's celebrate and learn from each other's experiences!

Go to the Career Advice Forumcreate a new post and drop a link to the post that you created there in the thread below to be officially entered  into today’s giveaway.

It feels like it’s a no-brainer, but engage, engage, engage! Be proactive, not reactive when it comes to social media and your customers!

My tidbit of career advice from my SM journey:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m very happy to share that for the 2nd straight year, we grew in every category across all of our brands and social accounts.  Thanks for the help Sprout!