Solved

Employer Blocking Canva Access?

• 2 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think most people recognize how useful Canva is as a social marketing tool. However, my employer blocks access to it, stating it is a known network security risk.

Is anyone else experiencing this? We are a financial institution, so they can be pretty strict when it comes to website and software access. It can make life frustrating for the marketing department, since we are not actually involved in any “banking business”. 

I’d love to make a case for it being safe, so I thought I would start by polling the group to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or if there is anyone here from other financial institutions who are in fact using it.  

icon

Best answer by sarah.root 5 December 2023, 20:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@mmellander I’ve never heard that before! I think you might be able to get good perspective from @lisa.sobel @meghan.macdonald @mbitzer

Userlevel 1

@mmellander - fellow financial institution here! Our employer blocks social media platforms and other sites from the average employee, but not marketing. IT has granted us special access to sites needed for our jobs - and Canva is pertinent to our daily workflow! Just like social media, and email, and literally everything on the internet, there is risk. But canva is social marketing tool that makes designing graphics, videos, and social post a breeze. I would formulate a proposal in whatever format your organization uses to convince the higher-ups of your need for canva. I would include what you’d be using it for. I know FI’s can be sticklers about personal information, so you can reassure them that no member data or information will be made/created/shared on Canva. I hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@mmellander - fellow financial institution here! 

Thank you Sarah. Being able to point to other CU’s who are allowing it will help my case!