Skip to main content

👋 Welcome New Members - May 21st, 2024!

• 21 May 2024
  • 1 reply
👋 Welcome New Members - May 21st, 2024!

Welcome to The Arboretum!

We're thrilled to have you join us as we dive into the dynamic world of social media together! To kick things off, we'd love to learn more about you. Please share with us:

• Introduce Yourself: Tell us your name, role, and what sparked your interest in social media.
  • Favorite Social Media Platform: Which social media platform do you enjoy working on the most, and why?
  • Best Social Media Campaign: Share a memorable social media campaign you've worked on or admired. What made it stand out?
  • Top Social Media Tip: What's your go-to tip for creating engaging and impactful social media content?
  • Future Trends: What do you think will be the next big trend in social media, and how are you preparing for it?
  • Learning opportunity: What are you hoping to learn and get out of this community?

Your insights and experiences are incredibly valuable, and we're excited to build a supportive and collaborative community together! Can’t wait to meet you all!

While you’re here, be sure to register and join us on June 13th for an exclusive webinar in partnership with Meta where you’ll gain valuable insights and actionable steps to enhance your Threads strategy. 

@Ms Kerry Wilde  @Simon Capelbak  @alex.knight  @craig.berry  @Rei  @Megan Fitzsimons  @patrick.carney  @madi.mack  @becca.fielden  @erin.houston  @grace.akagwu  @prisha.hertzler  @facilities.directorate  @james.ross  @tori.cooper  @zeeannai  @andrea.cade  @Geneva Bokowski  @courtney.fagan  @tholifield  @Elizabeth Hill  @Dia C.  @madfern  @Cheryl S Burke  @Russell Wykes  @Elin  @kytana.hanks  @kiran.sidhu  @foodbytes.by.rabobank  @lauren.kowalski  @K8gonzalez  @helene.jalbert  @katerina.musienko  @makayladc  @darcy.gagnon  @jeff.dekeuster  @leahneira  @aqila.hussain  @smashleighjayne  @molly.andrew  @susierundle  @alexandria.calnin  @yasi20tw  @lindseyatbigthought  @formandflow  @MaRta  @aoife.quinn  @lmatthys  @anamhern  @dpadilla  @MSucre24  @ademetrick  @ashleyhildebrand  @tescalante  @emmakatelauf  @kmichelle1121  @Lin  @lottie.watt  @danielle.olavario  @courtney.sandberg  @heather.olson  @olivia.marrali  @michaela.bibbins  @eperhamus  @AbbieB  @Irlanda12  @payton.leavitt  @emilyclyne  @Elisa Hough  @Jackiekran  @gbcoverdale  @tracyoclair  @sam.cobangbang  @josh.hinkle  @communicationsconsultant  @leigh.bauer  @Chris Strong  @ideepakmathur  

1 reply

Hi everyone! I’m delighted to join the Arb community! I’m Danielle, communications officer for Sightsavers Ireland. I’ve been using social media since I was 9 so wasn’t surprised when I ended up doing social media journalism after college. Now, I’ve transitioned over to the non-profit sector.

I love working on Instagram the most - there’s a lot of scope for creativity in it, with videos, carousels, and other features to work with. My favourite social media campaign so far was the COP28 rollout I spearheaded for the Thomson Reuters Foundation. It was the first campaign we did right after Twitter Moments was pulled, which traditionally was critical for our rollout. We needed to explore other ways to promote our content which resulted in a lot of creativity in our side - and it ended up being our best-performing COP content ever! 

My top social media tip is to always think of the audience. How are they going to care about what you’re posting? Are you inspiring, educating, entertaining them? Why should they look at your content?

Next big trend in social - I think this is already happening but more community-led spaces/forums. We’ve already seen this with the broadcast feature on Instagram for example, but I think there’s appetite to return to the earlier days of the internet when everyone was in one place based on interest/hobby, instead of this huge pool of people who can have a wildly different life than you seeing and misunderstanding your post.

I’d love to collaborate and network with all the brilliant minds on here! I’m the only person working on social in my workplace so it can get quite lonely - so would love to use this community as a sounding board!