Solved

Meta Business Manager Issue

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I'm reaching out to see if anyone could help connect me to someone at Facebook who could help us resolve a Meta Business Manager connection issue. We've tried reaching out to them for months now and have been unable to connect with anyone who can help us. I’ve tried the help pages, I’ve tried support emails, I’m no longer able to submit tickets/cases through their support page… I’m at a complete loss.

Here's the situation: Through the natural transition of employees, access to our Business Manager account was lost. When I came on as the social media manager in June, I started reaching out to Meta to gain access and learned that the account admin is registered to a former employee's work email, which is no longer recognized by Facebook as an account because it's been inactive for more than three years now. This led us to request a disconnect of our Facebook page from the Business Manager account—only to learn that too, must be approved by the admin (again, who doesn't exist). 

Due to this issue, we are unable to run ads or connect our Instagram account to Sprout or even our Facebook page. You can see how this has become a major problem. 

Does anyone have an actual person they could connect me with?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by melissa.macgregor 1 December 2023, 21:59

View original

4 replies

I am dealing with a very similar thing. It’s extremely frustrating not being able to speak to anyone. PLEASE let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same.

Userlevel 2

At this point, you will need to get your legal team involved.

To gain access to a Facebook page or business account, the following will usually need to be submitted:

1. Your ID (ridiculous I know but this is required)
  2. Notarized and signed statement from you with all pertinent information. 
    • Your relationship/role to the page/business
    • Name of the current person who manages the page (and include their email)
    • Their relationship to the page/business.
    • Some statement like “John Doe’s employment at Acme Inc ended in MONTH YEAR” 
  3. Documentation with request. Legal documents. 
  4. Your Facebook information including your name, associated email, URL and sometimes your Facebook id. 
  5. Statement stating “under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is true and accurate.”

I have also always included the Business license, utility bill, etc. Because it’s a former employee, you may also want a notarized statement from your HR team stating that the former team member left on XX date. 

I know this isn’t what you were asking but I hope this helps.

@melissa.macgregor -- Yeah, starting to think legal is the only option at this point. We’ve already submitted all of that documentation and have been going back and forth with Meta since August. The problem now is I’m unable to get into contact with anyone at Facebook...

Where do you submit this legal information? I am trying to group all Facebook accounts that employees started under one Business Manager account and it’s nightmare.