Skip to main content

This event has concluded. Catch up on-demand by watching the recording below!

On Wednesday, September 25th, we're partnering with Meta for a can't-miss event, The Power of Instagram Reels: Publishing & Boosting with Meta. This session is designed to equip you with practical knowledge to maximize your impact with Reels and Boosted content. Get insider tips on crafting compelling Reels, boosting your content for greater reach, and effectively measuring your results. Join us as we discuss Reel strategies, expert insight into boosting your content, and tips for measuring your success.

By attending, you’ll walk away with:

• Key strategies for creating engaging Instagram Reels
  • Best practices for boosting your content
  • How to track ROI and measure your success

Meet the Speakers:

Joana Rocha - Senior Technical Partner Manager, Reel Ads, Video & Threads at Meta

Devin Marsh - Director, Partnerships at Sprout Social

Laura Porcincula - Community Strategist at The Arboretum by Sprout Social

headshots of the three speakers Joana, Devin, and Laura

Catch up on-demand by watching the recording now:

Our biggest challenge when creating reels is making them relatable and interactive while catching attention quickly. Finding that balance between creating content that speaks to our audience and encourages engagement can be tricky. With the insights and examples I gathered from the recent webinar, I feel more equipped to create reels that connect better with our audience and drive more interaction. I’m excited to implement these ideas and improve my company’s page reels by focusing on storytelling, hooks, and interactive elements like polls, Q&A, and more. IG: @slifersummitcounty

My biggest challenge when creating Reels is balancing creativity with authenticity. I want to showcase who we are as a community-focused bank while keeping our content engaging and relatable. Finding fresh ways to connect with our audience while staying true to our values is always a fun challenge! The best tip I received from this session is to not overcomplicate my content and viewers actually like imperfections. Do not feel pressure to stay relevant and hop on every trend. Viewers appreciate genuine companies

My biggest challenge is finding audio or templates that fit the content I’m working with. I feel like I spend SO much time scrolling through audio or templates. I often think putting content into a template in CapCut, for example, will save me time, but I feel like it’s just adding more time and taking away from my productivity. 

My big takeaway from today is to test Reel boosting through Sprout. Honestly, I really only think of boosting as it relates to Facebook. Trying it through Instagram isn’t something we’ve done, so this webinar gave me the push I needed to give it a go! 

My biggest challenge when creating reels is differentiating what type of content I like to make versus what type of content my audience wants to see. Sometimes there is a disconnect there. I would love it if my audience loved my content as much as I did, but that’s not the reality a lot of the time! 

My biggest challenge when creating reels is that my organization does not allow for a “face” of the organization, meaning I cannot be in any of the videos. It’s hard to come up with new creative ideas that are still engaging without incorporating a face, especially when that’s what I see the most when scrolling.

In this session, I found the overview of the different types of storytelling reels to be really helpful in overcoming my challenge. I was instantly inspired by the Q&A idea, and started thinking of how my organization could do that! I also found value in the reminder that reels are meant to be relatable, entertaining, and digestible. While that’s not news to me, it’s always good to keep that at the front of my mind when brainstorming reel content. 

Getting video assets from my phone to my computer and vice versa is a constant struggle. GREAT reminder in the chat that I can load video to Sprout, tag, and then push out to my phone to load up on IG if needed. This reminder just solved a problem I’ve been trying to solve. Thank you! 

My biggest challenge is finding the time to create new content. Our company covers such a big area and I don’t have the time to travel to every location, so I will definitely be using the tip of reusing the content I already have 😊

Our biggest challenge is getting employees to actually execute the video ideas we share with them. We always have employees who say they are willing to participate at first but then ghost us when we follow up on the content. I think the tips I will be taking away is utilizing photo dump for UGCs we are able to gather and also be more mindful of the safe zone. 

One of my challenges is that making reels - good ones - takes time. As a government agency that focuses on providing social services, I find it difficult to jump on the cooler trends because the topics we work with don’t seem to lend themselves to what’s trendy. But the photo dump idea should work well! And reminding myself that reels don’t just have to be funny.

Giveaway question! Thread your answer below, and you could be one of three lucky members to win an Arboretum Swag Package!

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? We are giving away three separate Arboretum swag packages to three members who respond by Friday!

*The promotion begins at 10 am Central Time on September 25th, 2024 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 28th, 2024. To participate in the promotion, answer and reply to the discussion question. No purchase necessary. There will be a total of three prizes awarded. Each prize will consist of a Blue Yeti Microphone, Arboretum branded coffee mug, a pen, and Conversations that Connect book, OR branded sweatshirt, Organic Social Media book, Arb Owala water bottle, and Arb branded socks, OR Arboretum branded blanket, arb mug, notebook, pen, and headphones. Limited to those 21 years or older. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

Honestly, my biggest challenge when creating reels is making them short and sweet! (Or whatever Sabrina Carpenter said) I work for a university so our reels are usually packed with smiling students or information. I’ve been advocating for a bit now to post shorter reels. Learning more about telling the story in a concise way to promote action will really help me advocate for more reels and especially ones that are shorter. The stats on how widely used reels are is super inspiring to post more!

Hey there! Is there anyway I can get a link to share the recording to my team outside of the Arb? Thanks!

@Laura Porcincula – Where can we find the responses to questions that didn’t get answered during the webinar? I thought it was this thread but may have misheard! Forgive me as I’m new to The Arboretum and still figuring out how to navigate it. 😊 Thanks!

SInce the safe zone for reels was asked, here’s an overlay I use on designs. It works for YT Shorts too. It may be a bit off, but it’s worked for me. Hope this helps.

Hey there! Is there anyway I can get a link to share the recording to my team outside of the Arb? Thanks!

Hi @Kortnieg, this page can be seen publicly to share with your colleagues.

@Laura Porcincula – Where can we find the responses to questions that didn’t get answered during the webinar? I thought it was this thread but may have misheard! Forgive me as I’m new to The Arboretum and still figuring out how to navigate it. 😊 Thanks!

@lknight, I’ve got some answers which I’m going to share here in the next hour. I’m still working on some of the tricker questions. 

Thank you so much for attending our webinar yesterday! I’ve got some answers to the questions we weren’t able to get to below. I’m trying my best to get as many answers for y’all as possible.

@sarah.frankel asked: What are the dimensions of the safe zone if we’re using 9:16?
I waiting to hear from Meta on the exact dimensions, but I found this article which shares the percentage of the reel which is covered by icons: About text overlays and safe zones for ads in Stories and Reels

@taylor.stonack asked: When boosting in Sprout, do my client accounts have to have their ads account connected?
Yes, you will need to have your Ads Manager account to Sprout Social. Once your ad manager account is connected, boosting in Sprout will use the existing payment methods you've set up in Meta's Business Manager.

@kyle.skinner asked: Does boosting in Sprout add any fees similar to boosting via the Instagram app?
Billing for boosting campaigns are done by Meta, using the payment method that you have added in Meta's Business Manager. There are no incremental fees that Sprout charges for boosting your content in Sprout.

@angelboose asked: Can you boost one post to multiple platforms that are connected via Meta, in Sprout? FB, IG, and Threads in the same boost?
Currently you're able to boost to FB and IG in Sprout. Here's our help center article explaining the steps.

@ashlynn.smith asked: When you boost a post, does it show as an ad?
Correct, when you boost a post it will show up as an "Ad" in Meta's platform

@casie.walker asked: If you are on Instagram, should you also be sending reels to Facebook?
Yes, depending on your audience, goals, and strategy you can also publish and boost your Reels content on Facebook too.

@annagbahn asked: Is Sprout planning to add more detailed video metrics in the reports? Such as the metrics that are available on the native Instagram app? Time watched, etc., instead of just views and engagements?
We are always looking at ways to innovate and grow the Sprout platform, and we partner closely with Meta to make new features available to our customers. This is great feedback, and we'll take this feedback to our product and partnerships teams! I also recommend sharing it in our Ideas forum to crowdsource support with upvotes. :)

@taylor.stonack asked: If you boost within Sprout, does it repost to the client feed or is it just boosting the original post?
Boosting in Sprout Social will boost the original post, and does not "re-post" the content to the client's feed.

There were a lot of questions about trending sounds limitations as a verified/business account. I’m working to get some answers and/or resources for y’all on best practices for sounds and I hope to share some updates soon! 

If you missed yesterday’s session, the recording has been shared at the top of this thread. 

Giveaway question! Thread your answer below, and you could be one of three lucky members to win an Arboretum Swag Package!

What’s your biggest challenge when creating Reels, and which tip from today’s session do you think will help you overcome it? We are giving away three separate Arboretum swag packages to three members who respond by Friday!

*The promotion begins at 10 am Central Time on September 25th, 2024 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 28th, 2024. To participate in the promotion, answer and reply to the discussion question. No purchase necessary. There will be a total of three prizes awarded. Each prize will consist of a Blue Yeti Microphone, Arboretum branded coffee mug, a pen, and Conversations that Connect book, OR branded sweatshirt, Organic Social Media book, Arb Owala water bottle, and Arb branded socks, OR Arboretum branded blanket, arb mug, notebook, pen, and headphones. Limited to those 21 years or older. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy. For details, see this promotion’s complete official rules which govern this promotion. Sprout Social, Inc. address: 131 S Dearborn St Ste 700, Chicago, IL 60603.

The biggest hurdle to publishing Reels in my industry is, truly, piecing it altogether in a timely manner. Working in the news industry means you need to be flexible and speedy. Things can become old news quickly.

🏆✨Congratulations to our winners!

• @Chris-Anderson you’ve won prize #1
  • @Tibby you’ve won prize #2
  • @Mmejia you’ve won prize #3

📦 Please fill out the following form so we can ship you your prizes: https://forms.gle/83L1SM1zZXbgQi2w5

📦 Please fill out the following form so we can ship you your prizes: https://forms.gle/83L1SM1zZXbgQi2w5

Woohoooo! Thank you!

Woohoooo! Thank you!

This is awesome! Thank you!

Hey y’all, here is the last of the answers I was able to uncover after our webinar a couple weeks ago. 

I’ve had a hard time finding the best place for sounds/audio that is royalty free for business use. The Instagram Help Center shared that you’re able to search in the Meta Business Suite Sound Collection, this is the best resource I’ve found for Reels specifically. TikTok’s Business center offers something similar too. 

@lknight asked about issues with connecting their Instagram account to Sprout Social due to our main Facebook page being “claimed” by an unnamed individual’s Meta Business Account.
We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue, Lexia. Here are some additional resources to try: Request access to a page from Business ManagerProcess to request admin access to a FB page, (including steps to submit a page admin dispute, to regain admin access), and Lost access to, or unable to login to a Meta account.

@JennylynnCAFFWU asked if there was a difference of reach between boosting a post of placing an ad?
Boosting a specific post and placing an ad accomplish the same outcome on Meta. 

A few folks like @silvia.bacchelli, @anne-lie, and @jerri.harper asked about content types for your industry specifically. While I didn’t find an answer to your question specifically, it has been recommended to try out a few different storytelling types from the webinar then leverage Tagging and/or the Post Performance Report in Sprout to A/B test the types and analyze your results. 

I hope this helps!

@lknight asked about issues with connecting their Instagram account to Sprout Social due to our main Facebook page being “claimed” by an unnamed individual’s Meta Business Account.
We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue, Lexia. Here are some additional resources to try: Request access to a page from Business ManagerProcess to request admin access to a FB page, (including steps to submit a page admin dispute, to regain admin access), and Lost access to, or unable to login to a Meta account.

Unfortunately, we have tried all of these resources with no success. I was hoping since a representative from Meta was there, we might find additional help/an actual contact to try and resolve this ongoing issue that many people seem to be having with no luck finding answers. If by any chance you all are able to find a contact or learn additional information from Joana, please let me know! Feel free to shoot me an email if preferred at lknight@frenchlick.com. Thanks Laura!

If you’re a Sprout customer, here’s a 2-minute video sharing how to boost your Instagram and Facebook content in Sprout. It’s a quick and seamless process worth the time spent. The outcome is effortlessly sponsoring your content on the Sprout platform. Our paid reporting is pretty sweet, too! Let me know if you have questions.