Question

Should a brand have separate regional channels?

• 13 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

We are currently investigating if we should allow separate channels to our main group account. We are worried about brand confusion and dividing our followers but also having less people look at the main channel. There is not much info out there…  some brands do it others don’t so I thought this community might have some interesting insights or opinions :) 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

We are currently investigating if we should allow separate channels to our main group account. We are worried about brand confusion and dividing our followers but also having less people look at the main channel. There is not much info out there…  some brands do it others don’t so I thought this community might have some interesting insights or opinions :) 

That is such a great question! I’ll answer your question with another question:

What would be the benefit of having multiple channels?

Your comments about dividing the followers is a fair one. The nice thing is that on the back-end (e.g., using Sprout) wouldn’t be impacted as all the channels will feed into your main group account. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Mike’s question about benefits is a good call out. We go back and forth, and for regions, it’s mainly about bandwidth; we feel strongly about having someone within the region lead the content to make sure the account can truly cater to local flavor. I don’t feel I can do that very well sitting from HQ. And right now, our budget doesn’t allow for a dedicated social role, so social falls on someone else’s plate and some regions can figure that out, others’ have too-full plates.