Article on writing a social media job description

• 25 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Some of you have met Carly from when she was a Sprout customer, but she joined the content team and is now writing articles for Sprout!

One of her first articles is out and it’s so good. The opening line hits like a freight train, too.

The idea that social media is “something the intern can do” is about as outdated as saying the internet is all cat videos.

-Carly Hill

You can check out the article in full, here. Let me know what you think in the replies!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Shout out to @carly.hill!

I think your first statement was very accurate - this one hit like a freight train. I wear many hats in my job which means I don’t always get to put as much time into my social media management as I would like some days. 

Social media and the internet in general has become a fundamental block of our communication. I think the Oscar’s situation proves that as you didn’t even need to watch or care about said Oscar’s to know what happened. 

Writing a clear and effective job description is essential to finding the right candidate for your social media position. It's important to provide potential applicants with an accurate understanding of the job requirements, responsibilities, and expectations.

When writing a job description, be sure to include key information such as the title and duties of the position, qualifications required, and any specific software or language skills needed. Additionally, it’s helpful to provide information about your company culture and values so that candidates can get a better sense of what it’s like to work at your organization. 

Consider providing tips on how to apply for the role in order to streamline the process for potential candidates. This could include instructions on submitting resumes or portfolios as well as contact information for follow-up inquiries.