Standout Moment: Launching LinkedIn Live and Going HAM on Repurposing

• 11 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I started a new job in this year making a jump from higher ed social to a multi-brand B2B/B2C company. One of the first things I noticed was that all of the brands we own were severely under-leveraged on video content including live content.

For a long time I’ve wanted to get into making LinkedIn live video content, so when one of our brands hosted a week-long educational summit and wanted to find ways to keep attention on their incredible topics and speakers after the summit was over, I proposed a LinkedIn Live conversation recapping the week and key takeaways from the summit speakers.

I got us a Streamyard (def check them out) plan, wrote a brief and a loose script and then scheduled a date to go live.

We had over 1,500 attendees at the live broadcast from all over the world tuning in and, even better, we were able to trim out some great moments in the live conversation that we turned into 6 Reels and videos for LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to make the content go even further. 

It was one of my first big wins in my new role and a great example of how to make the most of every piece of content.

Here’s the livestream: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7098386513452793857

0 replies

Be the first to reply!