Member Spotlight

✨Community Spotlight: Katy Severance

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies
✨Community Spotlight: Katy Severance
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Join us in spotlighting this month's community star, Katy Severance (@Katy4Riskonnect), a trailblazing Digital Marketing Manager (Global Social Media Program) at Riskonnect Inc!

With a passion for transforming B2B brands on social media, Katy recently earned the title of 'LinkedIn Top Voice' in Social Media and Writing – a testament to her dedication to the craft.

Recent Project Accomplishment:
Katy's proudest achievement in 2023 was leading her first Social Team at Riskonnect, where she collaborated with EMEA marketers and a Digital Marketer to enhance the company's social media program. Grateful for the team's support, she highlights the success of engaging content like carousels and videos, with enthusiastic backing from the executive leadership team.

Favorite Social Accounts:
Katy's top 3 LinkedIn Company Pages include Riskonnect, Chili Piper, and Sprout Social. For digital marketing inspiration, she follows Meryoli Arias of Apollo.io and Emily Mireault of Nectar on LinkedIn.

Off-Duty Hobbies:
When not immersed in the digital realm, Katy enjoys life on her hobby farm in Spencer, Massachusetts, picking tomatoes, collecting eggs from her flock, and celebrating her recent engagement. A devoted advocate of animal rescue, she shares her home with a Shih Tzu and actively promotes #AdoptDontShop.

Workplace Inspiration:
Katy finds inspiration in managing LinkedIn Company Pages for B2B brands, believing social media is often the first touchpoint for prospects. Passionate about making social copy approachable, even in the risk management industry, she is expanding Riskonnect's presence on YouTube, seeing vast opportunities for the future.

Connect with Katy:
Outside the Arboretum, connect with Katy on LinkedIn here, and explore Riskonnect's LinkedIn Company Page here for innovative Company Page ideas. Let's celebrate Katy's journey and expertise in the dynamic world of social media! 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Congratulations on the spotlight @Katy4Riskonnect! Thank you for being an Arb advocate, it’s been a joy getting to know you the year. 

I love to hear that you’re also a rescue pet lover, we adopted my sweet Semira almost 2 years ago and she is perfect!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thank you so much for shining a spotlight on my efforts as a Social Media Manager, @Jonathan Zuluaga - it has been a pleasure to be part of The Arb and I love what you, @Laura Porcincula, and The Arb team at Sprout do to support SMM!

I have met fellow SMM here and made lots of new connections and I try to encourage members of my Social Team to join The Arb so that they have the opportunity to network with other SMM as well. 

Proud to be among the ranks of other SMM that have been highlighted here on the Arb and I suggest that everyone stay tuned for the fascinating ‘This Week in Social’ news highlight that Jonathan and Laura publish every Friday. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Katy4Riskonnect Thanks for being such an engaged member of our community - we appreciate you bigtime! Your social repertoire is impressive, and I have SO many questions about the hobby farm life. It sounds amazing and idyllic - we def need more pictures of the farm, and said Shih Tzu 😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Here’s a picture of my fiance with our shih tzu, Stella, @Gayatri Shukla

I have pics of our farm on IG @heirloomhillfarm 😊 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Katy4Riskonnect Thanks for sharing! Definitely going to check it out!