Member Spotlight

✨Community Spotlight: Micah Mellander

• 13 February 2024
  • 1 reply
✨Community Spotlight: Micah Mellander
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Join us in celebrating Micah Mellander @mmellander as this month’s Community Spotlight! Micah is the Social Media Administrator at Visions Federal Credit Union, whose late career switch to social media marketing at the age of 44 has been nothing short of transformative!

Can you share a recent project you worked on that you're particularly proud of? On Giving Tuesday, I oversaw a donation match campaign that met its goal of $10,000 donations from our members to charitable organizations in just 15 hours. With our gift match, $20,000 in donations were distributed to 107 different non-profit organizations. The campaign was almost 100% marketed via our social channels.

What’s your favorite social account to follow right now? I follow tons of brands on Instagram, but if I am able to avoid getting sucked into endlessly scrolling through Reels, I love the fun they are always having at @clevelandbrowns, as well as @lego and @tacobell ·

When you're not working, what do you like to do for fun? I have 3 active kids, so I don’t have a lot of downtime. When I get the chance, going to see live music is my favorite thing to do. ·

When it comes to your work, where do you find inspiration? Everywhere! I am always taking bits and pieces of content I see and trying to find ways to mix it together and mold it to match our brand. ·

Where can folks connect with you outside the Arboretum? I am on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/micahmellander/. You can see all my hard work by following Visions FCU on Instagram at @visionsfcu

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for being part of The Arb community, @mmellander! Your recent Giving Tuesday campaign sounds impressive - meeting your fundraising goal in less than 24 hours is no small feat! Curious to hear which channels brought you the most success there.