Greetings 👋

• 29 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Name: Sarah Swainson (she/her) 

Title: Social Media Coordinator

Company: Lodge Cast Iron

Hobbies: Hiking, photography, baking, and running (especially obstacle course races!) 

Some thing(s) I want to learn: How to better interact with the community across all social platforms in a fun and unique way (especially on TikTok).

Some thing(s) I’m good at: Using data to inform content strategy.

I got started in social media back in 2016 when I started a food blog, which I ran until 2018. While I was running this blog, the restaurant I worked at during that time asked me to do their photography and social media. This lead to opportunities to create content and manage the social media for five different restaurants in my hometown of Chattanooga, TN. In 2019 I graduated with a degree in Outdoor Recreation & Tourism Management, but found myself back in the social media and content creation world when I launched my own photography business that same year. Post-college I also had the opportunity to intern with Lodge Cast Iron in their brand engagement department and while there was not an opportunity to work there full-time after the internship ended, I always knew it was where I wanted to work should an opportunity arise. Fast forward to the end of 2021 and I had that opportunity. I joined the Lodge team as their new Social Media Coordinator and I have never loved a job more in my life. 

I’m looking forward to connecting with others in the industry and learning even more about the social world that I immerse myself in daily. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Sarah! Fellow photographer here. Welcome to the community hub! 🤙