Post-Event Recording

Leverage Conversations For Connection and Conversion: Recording and Q&A

• 20 September 2022
  • 11 replies
Leverage Conversations For Connection and Conversion: Recording and Q&A
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Community!

A huge shout-out to fellow community member, @Brooke B. Sellas for an amazing talk this morning! It was super insightful but also inspiring to see how other brands are connect and ultimately converting customers!

If you missed this morning’s event, you can see the recording here:

Additionally, I will be threading questions below for Brooke! If you have any questions after the event or after the recording, please tag Brooke below! We will also be gifting a copy of her book, “Conversations That Connect: How to Connect, Converse, and Convert Through Social Media Listening and Social-Led Customer Care,” to the most engaged participant! 

Did you find this event/recording helpful? Would you like to see more events like these?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Brooke B. Sellas A question from @CRobledo during the event:

I work for a nonprofit organization that partners with transportation associations to promote greener commute options, such as biking, transit, and carpool. How does that translate in competitor analysis?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Brooke B. Sellas anonymous question from event:

For social monitoring, what are the best practices for how often we should be monitoring accounts?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

A question from @CRobledo during the event:

I work for a nonprofit organization that partners with transportation associations to promote greener commute options, such as biking, transit, and carpool. How does that translate in competitor analysis?

That’s a great question! Do your competitors engage in the same type of partnerships? If so, you can use their competitive sentiment to see if any of their audience members are talking positively or negatively about those partners. Doing this could help you gauge which partners to engage with (or not!) in the future, but also see what pleasure points and/or pain points their customers/donors like/don’t like about those partnerships. 

If they don’t have similar partnerships, you can use those keywords you mention (“greener commute options”, “biking”, “transit”, and “carpool”) to see how your competitors are handling those themes. That data should help you find some tactical differentiation for your own messaging and campaigns (like the banking example from today).

I hope that helps!! :-)

Brooke

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

For social monitoring, what are the best practices for how often we should be monitoring accounts?

We monitor daily for our “basic” clients and for our own brand. That means we are contractually obligated to reply within 12 hours or the same day. HOWEVER, that said our average reply time is ~30 mins or less during our “on” shifts (365 days a year, about 18 hours of “on” time a day … we hope to provide 24/7 support in the next couple of years!).
For our Customer Care clients, they set the KPI for response times. These range anywhere from around an hour to ten minutes. That means, for these clients, we are answering within that time frame.

I realize this may be hard for small teams or teams of one! I would set a timer for 4 times a day to check your channels (or Smart Inbox if you’re using Sprout). That way, even if you have several responses you need to give, you are only spending about 10-20 mins per check in, or 40-80 mins for the day. Response times will only get tighter (based on consumer data) -- so this is one area I’d definitely focus on for improvement!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I thought this event was very helpful. One of my clients is in need of an updated Customer Care Strategy. They have revolved their customer service in the past as a phone call or an email.  Fast forward to now, we are managing customers around the clock on social.

So, thank you for this. A lot of good takeaways, especially learning to lean in on social listening a lot more.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

So glad it was helpful for you, Nicki! Happy to chat Social Media Customer Care any time you like. It’s kinda my jam. ;-)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Awesome!  I would love that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Brooke B. Sellas!

If my brand can’t afford to pay for a full service social listening software, how can I start listening and finding insights?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Brooke B. Sellas!

If my brand can’t afford to pay for a full service social listening software, how can I start listening and finding insights?

Laura, you can try mention.com -- they allow for one free listener. So you can set up one for your brand name (look under pricing for the “FREE” option!). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Congratulations @Nicki and @CRobledo! Please check your Private Messages as you’ve been selected as winners of our book giveaway!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hooray!  Looking for to reading it!