New Member Intros

New Member Welcome - April 1, 2024!

• 1 April 2024
  • 4 replies
New Member Welcome - April 1, 2024!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome and Happy April!

We're thrilled to have you at The Arboretum, and we can't wait to learn and grow together in the exciting in this fast moving digital world!

To kick off your journey with us, we'd love to get to know you better. Please take a moment to share a bit about yourself by answering one of the following prompts:

• Introduce Yourself: Tell us your name, role, and what sparked your interest in social media.
  • Favorite Social Media Platform: Which social media platform do you enjoy working on the most, and why?
  • Best Social Media Campaign: Share a memorable social media campaign you've worked on or admired. What made it stand out?
  • Top Social Media Tip: What's your go-to tip for creating engaging and impactful social media content?
  • Future Trends: What do you think will be the next big trend in social media, and how are you preparing for it?
  • Learning opportunity: What are you hoping to learn and get out of this community?

Feel free to express yourself and connect with fellow members who share your passion for social media. Your insights and experiences are valuable, and we look forward to building a supportive and collaborative community together!

While you’re here, sign up and join the waitlist for our newly launched mentorship network: https://community.sproutsocial.com/p/mentorship

Don’t miss our upcoming events:

@kristin.weber  @megan.semeraz  @jillian.goh  @SIAS Marketing Team  @GatorsBBQ  @kaitlin.caringi  @bharat.kusuma  @amanda.phillips  @annarangos  @Heather Hernandez  @rebecca.mccurrie  @ben schwenker  @AboveBelow  @nbeaulieu  @mmgrano714  @Kyle DeSana  @calihan cronin  @rivalmind.llc  @bhavani.prabhakar  @annelise.maurer  @technopixie  @ashley.kamau  @Vinod Sharma  @danielle.desimone  @Angela Pritchett  @UCMStudentWorker  @Alexa Bowman  @jazmin.jackson  @kyla.hambali  @catherine.mitchell  @Bob Moulton  @desiree.link  @ryan.pfenning  @Trisha Ashar  @htweel  @maria.cricchiola  @dominik.gorecki  @mike.collocott  @rochelle.astley  @Geography5571  @kiarabrk  @jd.marketing  @kfamolari  @SepBaz  @erin.storm  

4 replies

• Introduce Yourself: My name is Amanda Phillips, I’m a Social Media & Content Manager for Raise Your Hand Texas, a non-profit that advocates for better public schools in Texas. I’ve been involved with and managing social media for all kinds of groups since 2014 and have always been interested in the evolving presence of community gathering spaces.
  • Favorite Social Media Platform: I’ve been looking at TikTok and LinkedIn more, as 2 different sides of the same coin, engagement on both platforms has been interesting the past year. I always love checking out new or niche platforms, like nostr and twitch.
  • Best Social Media Campaign: I was able to get over 500k views and 50k likes on a single tiktok video for a political tech company on a TikTok following campaign. I’ve also run campaign ads Spring 2024 that reached over 1 million people and inspired lots of discussion across the internet.
  • Top Social Media Tip: Always ask what value you are providing before pressing “post”.
  • Future Trends: Long form, passive video watching.
  • Learning opportunity: Social media tips and knowledge share from other content creators. Discussing bugs and issues together so I can perform my job better.

Hi hi, I’m Anna! Happy to be here and connect with folks! 🌹
Let’s connect on LinkedIn!

• Introduce Yourself: I’m currently a social/paid media manager for a tech company. I’m based in Chicago! As for social media, it’s always been my first love, from amateur coding on Myspace to spending hours on TikTok.
  • Favorite Social Media Platform: 9-5: Youtube. mostly because it’s connection to Google. Personal Use: Pinterest! 
  • Best Social Media Campaign: Anything vacation brand does is 🔥
  • Top Social Media Tip: Don’t be somewhere just because everyone else is. Go to where your customers are, if they aren’t on TikTok, then you don’t need to be.
  • Future Trends: More people using social media a lot less, I think a lot of people are just burnt out, so what does that mean for the work we create?
  • Learning opportunity: How the community is really feeling about the state of social media.

Hello! My name is Jessica and I serve as the Director of Creative Services at RivalMind.

Personally my favorite social media platform is Instagram. I love this platform because it provides an opportunity for people and businesses to showcase their talents and services. In the past your marketing efforts were limited to where you could advertise (unless you were a big name with big money). Instagram and other platforms has opened the doors for artists, musicians, photographers and smaller businesses to share information on a platform with a huge reach.

As for a favorite or social media campaign that I think is best, that one for me is still up for debate. The information is moving fast and it does innovative thinking and “disruptive” approaches to garner attention and keep it 😉.

Social Media Tip: This one seems obvious for those of us who are marketers and strategist, but for many of our client’s this is new. My tip is, ask the question of how do you want your user to interact with this post while in the creation process.

Future Trends:

Authentic Content with a through provoking and informed message.

I believe myself, as well as my team will gain educational resources, tips and opportunities to think more innovatively.

Hi everyone, I’m Natalie. I’m the Communications Director at Seismic, an enterprise software company.

I have a PR background so social media has always interested me and been in my sphere of work. My favorite platform to consume content is TikTok, but my favorite platform for work is probably X / Twitter.

I haven’t managed any social media campaigns but my favorite adjacent piece of work was working with MKBHD (the YouTuber) and TLD / Jonathan Morrison (another YouTuber) for product review videos with some of my clients at my previous agency.

My top social media tip that I now give to my executives is to be yourself. Write how you talk. Be human.

I think social media is going to eat the world. Just this week, I saw a stat that Gen Z gets their news almost entirely from social media and would rather engage with journalists on social media than by reading the article on the news outlet’s website. The way we consume information and search the web will happen on social media for the majority of people in the near future.

I’m hoping to connect with other communications folks who work in social or partner closely with their social media team, like I do. Feel free to find me and connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter!

💙