🎉 New Member Welcome - May 6, 2024!

🎉 New Member Welcome - May 6, 2024!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome and happy Monday!

Hey there, welcome to The Arboretum! We're thrilled to have you onboard and can't wait to explore the exciting and fast-moving world of social media together!

To start off, we'd love to get to know you better. Please take a moment to introduce yourself by answering any of the following questions:

• Introduce Yourself: Tell us your name, role, and what sparked your interest in social media.
  • Favorite Social Media Platform: Which social media platform do you enjoy working on the most, and why?
  • Best Social Media Campaign: Share a memorable social media campaign you've worked on or admired. What made it stand out?
  • Top Social Media Tip: What's your go-to tip for creating engaging and impactful social media content?
  • Future Trends: What do you think will be the next big trend in social media, and how are you preparing for it?
  • Learning opportunity: What are you hoping to learn and get out of this community?

We're so excited to have you here in our community, where you can freely connect with other members who share your passion for social media. Your insights and experiences are incredibly valuable, and we look forward to building a supportive and collaborative community together!

📆 While you’re here, check out the latest in The Arb:

Learn how you can create more authentic and inclusive content with Elevate Your Impact: Fostering Inclusion through ContentA Global Accessibility Awareness Day Event.

Share your with your peers likes, dislikes, and those pesky pet peeves that come with the territory of being a social media professional with our brand new forum Likes & Dislikes. Commiserate with your community what’s top of mind in the life of a social marketer. 

@janae.henkel  @cairnsregionalcouncil  @MandyH  @Jolene Kelley  @marc.jaeggle  @Tom Hills  @lonnieowen  @charlotte.webb  @lewis.andrews  @joshua.mathews  @Marissa Guerard  @Jeremy  @julie.nance  @Layla Revis  @karen.alpha  @emma.bennetts  @marci.wallace  @suzette.peruyero  @Olivia Davis  @catherine.tonner  @gracen  @abby.boler  @fens7rbhtmozmail.com  @zack.farmer  @amandaRB  @shoems0711  @bgauss  @asikkema  @Caleb Howell  @StarlingDigital  @shannonecarr  @jbeechcrott  @katwolf  @jborbee23  @Darian Berdysz  @cehogue  @andrew.long  @kim.schmulowitz  @ashley.toering  @mark.mallory  @carmen.cubero  @DajahD  @darcytizzano  @GJDesignCo  @Andy Parmann  @oliviazapustas  @lily.friebel  @peytonandersonmarketing  @Anali Velasco  @preetid  @OrlandoTerp  @menorb  @Louisa Rocque  @lexie.doucette  @lillian.rodgers  @kayla.pennick  @jori.jones  @agita.jaber  @kthresh  @aadredden  @convene.marketing  @sevenmuns  @maymo97  @tia.lalani  @amanda.levins  @AviationTeacher  @connor_ring  @michelle.okeke  @lindsey.mateychick  @Tessa Franzese  @Stephanie.olsen  @JasmineT  @lysagna41  @DwaneH  @ADaus  @mmyers  @jaidenka  @kaylee.weycker  @kasha.bucher  @jocelyn.brechbill  @haileypratt96  @Leticia Rabelo  @Brittany Fowler  @khanks  @mstoneburner98  @JAnderson  @javier.cruz  @carolinehunter  @styler  @amystiteler13  @Voidivi  @samanthaintheparks  @UCN  @kathryn.rooney  @strawberrylinden  @salberto  @jessica.correa  @mobjhu  @samphoffer  @Rachel99  @courtney.thompson  @jrandolph8137  @Ryan Kennemur  @sragsdale  @elizabeth.shelton  @Deb Lee Hart  @micaelamay  @kmeck  @vwilbur17  @ShawndaS  @ruby.shell  @katherine.wilson  @Roger Plant  @AB Stone  @lismagorenc  @angelboose  @Balamillo  @shannitaw  @b5wells  @rjardine  @britteebro  @lumi  @m.cuellar  @swarner  @kevinaaa  @rebekah.harrison  @roking4067  @inta.elksnite  @agcastillo  @vincent.lee  @victoria.h  @kelsi.ds  @v.chambers  @ashley.davis  @SGiCivics  @cattymkiw44  @sophia.crago  @mindy.wheeler  @d'andre.allegra  @tiana.onouye  @brianhugins  @TAMAYS  @sosborne4d  @shaming  @ingridchargoy  @olivia.clifton  @c45.agency  @alexismayse  @Cindy Ulvenes  @jhbmg  @deborahaduffy  @SLS  @joelle.hanton  @sarah.mchugh  @nicolealbano  @TFulweiler  @oliviakd92  @Dfratt1  @LGCook  @uzunto  @fraosteen  @B Rad  @akincaid  @lundmark.advertising  @mpenney  @Min Kim Park  @tsaiann94  @Gina M Cassaro  @ashley.christian  @nlabran  @haleykosko  @Mark van Horik  @sloan_valve  @sarahherrick  @whittiersteph  @barbara.danielson  @JillianSeamans  @degraved  @goodshep16  @sdonis13  @sarah.evans86  @luisortizmba  @L_Sal07  @lsaldierna  @kristylommen  @annie.wold  @LeahBD  @mackenzie.shields  @eva.povey  @Purba Choudhury  @KO_TNG  @rachel.alders  @amaldonado  @rodriguezb17  @caroline.dipaolo  @egilberg  @Teagan Holmes  @keenun.barley  @kimsa.dinh  @zachary.todd  @lhfoutch  @jaynaeh.gillaspie  @lucyroberts  @diane.griffing  @doug.hollett  @Jeanette Wallace  @Krystle D Gabele  @sophia.stewart  @simone.marker  @Krisztina Szmetan  @Evan.Budrovich  @Simon  @julievangorden  @melissa.french.mch  @anitap94  @julie.wood  @kkayed  @CConley  @TheJoe  @daralyn.komo  @aneesh.deshpande @Mode 

4 replies

Hi all! Looking forward to learning from and sharing with this incredible group of professionals.

• Introduce Yourself: Luis Ortiz, Head of Social Media at Pure Storage. They say “We didn’t choose social media because it’s easy. We chose it because it LOOKED easy.” I just liked that social lives at the intersection of creativity, data, and business problem-solving. Also, given social media touches on just about every facet of a business, it has presented tremendous learning opportunities.
  • Favorite Social Media Platform: LinkedIn. While it has become increasingly cringe-worthy over the past few years, the content distribution is still top notch and it is where our B2B target audience is most receptive to our message.
  • Top Social Media Tip: Lead with adding value to your audience, not with making a request for time, attention, resources, etc. If you give first, your audience will reciprocate in time.
  • Future Trends: Even more video content, including long-form. And higher levels of graphic design creative leveraging AI.
  • Learning opportunity: Be part of a community of professionals and learn how everyone manages the same or similar circumstances.

​​​​​​Hi there!

My name is Lucy and I am a social media manager for a public health non profit. I’ve been there almost 4 years.

My interest in social came from TikTok- I joined in 2019 and instantly felt connected to a larger community of very like minded people and felt seen and inspired in a way I hadn’t previously felt. I joined for the laughs, and stayed for the relatability.

I am very interested in staying on top of AI and utilizing all it has to offer to my advantage as a smm. I recently attended Sprout’s webinar on the topic and can’t wait to rewatch it- I learned so much!

Hi everyone! 👋

My name is Alyssa Maldonado and I am a Senior Social Media Strategist at Safelite the auto glass company. I initially was interested in social media because of the balance of analytics along with being creative which I love.

My favorite social media changes based on my mood. Some days I love LinkedIn and other days I love TikTok or Instagram. I think my favorite platform right now is definitely TikTok. We have such a large opportunity to work with fun organic posts and I’m excited for the chance to change the perception of our brand there.

The best social media campaign I have loved recently is 818 tequila and chamberlain’s coffee. I loved seeing two of my favorite celebrities come together to create a BOMB recipe. I also loved Nike’s collab with the PowderPuff girls - the nostalgia definitely made it stand out to me as a PowderPuff girl stan.

My favorite social media tip is quality over quantity and being consistent so your audience knows what to expect from you. I think that authentic content will continue to remain vital in all future trends. I’m prepping by thinking about how our brand can come across as authentic rather than performative. I’m hoping to continue to expand by social knowledge by hearing from other experts and social media managers.​​​​​​​ Thank you! ❤

Hello, all of you amazing marketers! I’m Mandy, and I started my social media marketing journey in 2010 when I was an insurance agency owner and marketing my own business. It was several years, and some other occupations before I decided to make online marketing my focus. Now I’m working on expanding my services and building an agency of freelance marketers to serve the evolving needs of small businesses. Send me a PM if you’d like to connect!