👋 New Member Welcome: October 16th!

• 16 October 2023
  • 2 replies
👋 New Member Welcome: October 16th!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome to the Arb community, new members!

We're thrilled that you've become a part of our community, where growth, learning, and meaningful connections flourish. Let's take this opportunity to get better acquainted!

👋 Introduce Yourself!

We're eager to learn more about you! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community by sharing details like your location, background, interests, and the inspiration behind your decision to join the Arboretum. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Here are some prompts to inspire your introduction:

1️⃣ What brought you to the Arboretum? Share your origin story!

2️⃣ Do you have a secret passion for a specific area in social media marketing? We'd love to know!

3️⃣ Any big challenges or exciting goals you'd like to chat about with our community?

4️⃣ Let's add a personal touch. Tell us something unique about you, unrelated to marketing.

5️⃣ Anything in particular about social media marketing that's piqued your interest? We're all ears!

After your intro, take a gander at our handy Welcome Guide and get your profile in the groove. We're here to make your journey enjoyable!

📆 While you’re here, make sure to check out our upcoming events this month in the Arb: 

https://community.sproutsocial.com/events

​@laura.wolf  @mary.moon  @Oushee Sanish  @abbie.lee  @Bianca  @enrique.sanchez  @ssusina  @ebraheem  @MetroWeekly  @tkocher  @MDuffy  @bryceeberly  @ccecchi  @evans  @brianwright  @shiela.negron  @ncbradford  @emma.colton  @maria.latour  @paige.geary  @khala.hurd  @vanessa.cito  @laurapanica  @nicholas.sarkodee-adoo  @Ayse Kahyali  @sammie.gwozdz  @liam.mcmillan  @ons  @callie.campbell  @camfed.comms  @anne-laure.sion  @ella.stone  @m.samec  @ponssanti  @justine.latta  @rebecca.p  @phsocialunfpa  @kat.lv  @stephanie.loobeek wood  @tiffany.scott  @maddison.schmidt  @steve.carr  @amanda.schumacher  @nikki.m  @sally.ehrmann  @jamie.kotcher  @miles.shellshear  @darcy.riley  @rachel.france  @sydney.ski  @caitlin.smith  @anjani.srivastava  @alyssa.russette  @core12brian  @erin h  @jim.hofer  @zoehessler  @rebecca.haden  @R.James  @jon.mason  @hannah.roose  @rina.meinders  @jenna.ramolt  @bella  @julie.saracco  @merle.beach  @droubinek  @katlyn.gambill  @eimear.holton  @martin.north  @cassy.lombardi  @victoria.wilson  @megan.k  @tim.shanahan.13  @Bert.Merp  @erin.ally  @MHowell  @shanna.cs  @geoff.strawbridge  @jo.kerman  @nate.rinehart  @carla.meyers  @mdecinti  @aubrey.stuart  @lorissa.dollar  @PaulaL  @PC1  @audsquad  @tara.bradley  @erica.miller  @este96  @alexandra.fischer  @claire.charron  @JacobGebrewold  @beth.newton  @alexandria.polanosky  

2 replies

Userlevel 1

1️⃣ I am a young professional working in higher education marketing! My background is in communication and journalism. I earned my masters in digital media in 2022 and have worked in higher ed marketing and communications for just over a year now. I joined the arboretum because I wanted to see what kind of insights and information I could get from professionals in the field as I work to improve my social media management and marketing skills!

2️⃣ I am personally really interested in alternative media/guerrilla marketing, but I would like to become more immersed in the world of higher education marketing and how I can help the unique brand of my institution stand out, particularly on social media.

3️⃣ One challenge that I think is exciting but difficult to grapple with is the branding of my institution, because it is associated with a larger brand but we are geographically distant from our main campus as a branch campus, which presents challenges when it comes to brand identity, despite our connection being much stronger than system schools since we are a branch campus.

4️⃣ I really love music, film, video games and all types of digital media. That’s what really inspires me the most day to day when it comes to storytelling & sharing what the institution I work for has to offer for potential students, faculty or staff.

5️⃣ I really like exploring the possibilities of social media marketing. Because there are new features and better support for editing tools and the like, there is always a new or unique way to leverage those tools to tell your story more creatively. I’m interested in learning more about how I can also utilize sprout in that process to streamline my workflow and keep my team in the loop about upcoming content.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome @miles.shellshear! We are excited you’re here. We’ve got a Canva event coming up which might help you with some of your content creation and telling your story more creatively. I’d love to see you there!

We also have a lot of Higher Ed folks in our community, here’s a thread to introduce yourself:

Looking forward to getting to know you better here in the Arb!