Solved

Successful social media education/mindset shift you made with your leadership?

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Wondering about how other social media managers have successfully made an impact with non-social/marketing leadership?

I’m often working with leaders who have ZERO marketing experience, are very academic, and are not regular users of social media themselves.

We get great feedback from peers outside our organization and our boards, but we’re frequently an afterthought internally. 😔

Our team frequently deals with a “communication-on-demand” environment - how have you advocated for marketing/social to be involved earlier in other team’s planning processes?

@craig.cordell @Katy4Riskonnect 

icon

Best answer by JessicaDaniels 19 December 2023, 17:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is such an important question that I am always trying to figure out @amanda.coe

One big focus for our team is attribution. If you can clearly communicate to leadership that social drives leads, referrals, sales, etc., then you can reframe it as a business critical activity and get a seat at the table earlier in the process.

Echoing @craig.cordell sentiment above - dig into some data and build a business use case for how social brings ROI for the business! I would recommend bringing both anecdotal and quantitative data so you can share from both a human and business perspective of how social drives business forward.