New Member Welcome

👋 Welcome New Members - May 9th!

• 9 May 2023
  • 6 replies
👋 Welcome New Members - May 9th!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome new members! We're excited to have you join us and can't wait to get to know you better!

If you're new here, be sure to check out our Welcome Guide and set up your profile – then jump into our forums and connect with like-minded social media enthusiasts from around the world. Let's grow and learn together!

In the meantime, check out some of our upcoming events and make an intro in the 🧵 below:

​​​​For everyone tagged, introduce yourself, introduce your work and share what you’re looking to learn below!

@AdamBorden @alyssa.bybee @ben.brouillette @rachel.chism @rachael.maas @DunLap @kailey.gonzalez @aditya.verma @Melanie Mabry @aiden.shurley @rebecca.mettille @becca.mcdermott @Runis2live @ivanaspurlock @agnes.constante @megdeno @annarifai @robbe demuynck @fperryman @david.jaramillo @luisa.matamoros @hguenther @savy @jaclyn.rhoads @diana.fook @tiffany.chen @melanieterez @ccoplan @dani.dean @David Wilson @KarieG @alicia.sondberg @stephanie farber @beysa.portillo @sarah-maeve.hersh-boyle @gazalpha @rosanna.jensen @erika.gray @candice.lamb @jay.gandhi @leefrostwrites @BPhil011 @noahmboucher @sdevitt @mycha.antonio @CPerson @gto129 @Jshouse23 @Twilson2 @ohicks @gracewright @tjcromie @ckessock @elena.wood @natasha.lee @niki.cruz @kyletadams96 @Ana.Saldana @shanel.maurer @jaime.letter @jayashri.namdar @ishita.seth @isla.russell @lester.dai @OdnaPSny955 @rachel.dawson @usssa.intern @marisa.shaffer @JaneK @Acooksy @caitlinfitzr @vickie.ridgley @selena.moua @lauermeier @meredith @aejaku @sophie.mittelstaedt @gabriella.mihm @bryantc85 @Mjrandle @CaraB @chad.schnarr @kdh @andrea.jones @averi.alexander @GildedPhoenix @brynne.reeher @nour.sadek @ic.roongpiti @Mjaldon @ruby.disobey @ryan.styles @CharleneLL @bcapuano @annie.miskimens @mike.snow @alexandra.colasacco @itzel.epifanoff @kellen @megan.meunier @abbey.rice @dpeterso @lkozlowski292 @ben.rodriguez @elhussein @tamar.k @MetaGuardians @mo.zohny @diana.istrate @antonella.priotti @jabbu12 @Estelle Poelmans @rachel.a-s @katie.conner @chandra.lubben @ArpitaS @tatiana.gordon @michael.brindley @samantha.perry @Ontario Tech Student Life @rgeneral @jordan.johnson @jason.educationquest @daniel.puiatti @mary clare.fischer @paige.westerman @amanda.coe @pardees @emily.miller @char.cahill @JillLain @Michael H. @daniel.rolf @Mariah Patrick @jon.tewksbury @jill.ingram @krista.boniface @Soraya @paige.owens @melanie.rigden @bradshad @libbywiet @hgaultney @sarah.eifert @fordham.law @katy.burdine @sophie.dinkin @caanjave @bekah.james @beau-robert.metcalfe @niccolina.balderree @sarah_wojtusik @nathan.foster @Barbara Ortega @Mary Padilla @JupiterF @isaac.vineburg @brivog @hailymoulton @GigemNick @grant.czadzeck @megan.myers @alisson.clark @Tjohnson @viva.grey @krista.berend @ridgewaystories @shaunarempel @christine.bryant @christian.ivey @rccreative @Michele @ann.sheehy @RonUOC @matthew.stobbart @simge.dogan @Rai97 @liyya @jack.h @abigail.parry @dmitri.masinski 

6 replies

Hi! I’m Abbie, I am fairly new (3 months) to my role in humanitarian NGO RedR UK as one woman comms team. Inherited a lot of old systems and things that need a refresh and rethink, and especially as I am the only one in a comms role in my organisation I am very keen to learn from comms peers. I am currently working through a strategy process, featuring website, social reporting and improving conversion rates, reviewing printed materials, paid ads, case studies, legacy giving campaign, among other things!

Very keen to connect and learn, especially from others who might be working in comms for international NGO!

Thanks,

Abbie

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@abigail.parry So interesting and what a great opportunity to get a ton of different things organized and off the ground! What are the orgs social channels? Would love to check it out.

Hi, I’m Nour (rhymes with “tour”) and I lead the social media program as part of my corporate marketing role. I collaborate with a social media agency for publishing posts to primarily LinkedIn and Twitter - as well as help create message ideas for Advocacy. My audience is highly technical: software engineers. Would love to connect with you, especially if you’re in B2B SaaS, and learn what’s working for you and what’s not!

@abigail.parry So interesting and what a great opportunity to get a ton of different things organized and off the ground! What are the orgs social channels? Would love to check it out.

Thank you! It’s @redruk, here is our linkedin: RedR UK: Company Page Admin | LinkedIn

Userlevel 2

Hi all, hopping on this thread! My name is Michaela and I’m the Digital Marketing Manager over at Meany Center for the Performing Arts on the University of Washington campus.

I’m the first person to take on my roles and responsibilities and am currently working to build our social strategy from the ground up, alongside a website refresh. Excited to join this awesome group of social innovators/thought leaders! (Also a follower of the #HigherEdSocial FB group and big Sprout lover, btw!) 

Just joined my team in February - prior I was in a social-heavy role at Syracuse University at the college-level. 

Would love to connect and hear your background :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @michaelajo20, welcome to the Arb! Your role sounds so exciting. What are some of your key learnings as you build the strategy from the ground up? 

Hope you’ll be joining the Higher Ed peer group session next Tuesday!

Hi all, hopping on this thread! My name is Michaela and I’m the Digital Marketing Manager over at Meany Center for the Performing Arts on the University of Washington campus.

I’m the first person to take on my roles and responsibilities and am currently working to build our social strategy from the ground up, alongside a website refresh. Excited to join this awesome group of social innovators/thought leaders! (Also a follower of the #HigherEdSocial FB group and big Sprout lover, btw!) 

Just joined my team in February - prior I was in a social-heavy role at Syracuse University at the college-level. 

Would love to connect and hear your background :)