Skip to main content
Introductions

Welcome New Members - September 3rd, 2024

• 3 September 2024
  • 1 reply
Welcome New Members - September 3rd, 2024

Welcome to The Arboretum!

We're thrilled to have you join us as we dive into the ever-changing world of social media. Let's start by getting to know each other better:

Introduce Yourself: Share your name, role, and what ignited your passion for social media.​​​​​​

Favorite Platform: Which social media platform do you love working on the most, and why?

Memorable Campaign: Tell us about a standout social media campaign you’ve worked on or admired. What made it unforgettable?

Top Tip: What’s your best advice for creating engaging and impactful social media content?

Future Trends: What do you think will be the next big trend in social media, and how are you gearing up for it?

Learning Opportunity: What do you hope to learn and gain from this community?

Your unique insights and experiences are truly valued in The Arb. Let’s support each other and build a collaborative community together! 

📅 Join us for this upcoming event:

​ @angelleca.holmes @iFLYworld @nicole.zikovitz @CBiddlecombe @valeriaalicea @jill.harter @Communities @macpaul @brittany.stegent @Ryan House @egreenb1 @David Carlson @eblackwood @kwargo @michele.o'driscoll @Jenny99 @Aisha @noémie @camillou118 @kbraswell @vkiefer @joe.wang @kgaquatrols @Taylor V Card @eliedwards @timskau @Liza L @sos @johndavis234 @benedict daniel @Travis McWilliam @AlvieJr13 @jon.rombaoa @DaniOsio @aitrujil @chris.endler @valérie.st-germain @ashley.flygare @Jordan Fall @Brittany A Contreras @gpark @Michael Pranikoff @Hannah Trum @carla francesca.gatt @m.sehade @adamzampa @melvinchristan @sara.bo @alexperry @clickmasters @leverhart @Dilianagutierrez @kim.sisco @Milena Toro @hannah.breakey @julieshilov @amanda.delphy @CarolineScercy @prachi.rathod @Rebecca Renner @Lori.Matthews @ingridga @OsmindHQ @JuliaApplegate ​

Hi everyone! My name is Chris, and I recently joined a community bank in Baton Rouge as their Social Media Manager. This is my first social role, though I’ve been in marketing for my entire career (5+ years). I grew up in the social media age, so Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are basically second nature at this point, and I’m really excited about the opportunity to build a career around it! I really enjoy Instagram as a platform, as I believe it makes creativity really accessible. The best social media platforms don’t always belong to the best video or photo editors, but to the people who build authentic and relatable connections through engaging, heart-warming, or even funny posts. I don’t have a personal portfolio of social campaigns to reflect on, but I really love Red Bull’s Instagram page and their ability to conflate their brand with high octane, unorthodox and extreme sports. It’s more than an energy drink, it’s a lifestyle brand built for people who want to push the boundaries of their respective sports. Again, not a lot of experience to draw on from a social results perspective, but I think my top tip would be to humanize the brand and take risks. Being that I work for a bank, the risk tolerance for public perception is not very high, but I hope I’m able to push our marketing team outside of its comfort zone (and older demographic) and create a social media presence that welcomes a new identity and perspective. I’m hoping to learn about the next big trend from you all, but what I HOPE is a big trend, is the return of real conversation. I think everyone is getting tired of the bots, and the trolls, and I hope we are able to get back to building connections and facilitating conversation without the unnecessary distractions. In this community, I hope to learn best practices and creative ways that everyone is looking to engage their respective audiences. I look forward to engaging in meaningful discussions with like-minded professionals!