Community Question

What's your #1 piece of advice for social media professionals? 🧵

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We’ve all been given a TON of advice in our careers, but what is one piece of advice that has stood out to you?

Share in the thread below!

4 replies

Don’t be afraid of change and never stop learning. 🤓

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I don’t know that this unique to social media managers but…

Test and learn. It’s certainly a principle that we adhere to at Sprout in a number of ways.

I think creating a full social media strategy and roadmap for an entire year can be… daunting. Give yourself a month to test out a small tweak to your strategy/approach to social. From there: what did you learn? What insights can you use to make another small tweak? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Prioritize community over competition! Also, connect with others across a variety of industries for exposure to out of the box thinking & inspiration. 

My one piece of advice for social media professionals is to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies. Social media is constantly changing, and it's important for professionals to be aware of the new platforms, algorithms, and strategies that are being used. Additionally, it's essential to understand how different types of content are performing across different channels. By staying informed on the latest industry news, you can ensure that your strategies are always effective and relevant.