Solved

Sale Posts - Leave them or delete them?

• 26 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello & happy holidays!

I’ve done some research and haven’t found an answer to this question - is there any reason to delete old sale posts from social networks like FB and IG? The posts are unpinned when the sale ends, and do not dominate our feed. Sometimes we have flash or special sales that do come back-to-back, but if there is an expiration date that’s noted in the image/copy.

TIA!

Stacy

icon

Best answer by amanda.coe 3 January 2024, 18:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

For Facebook and Instagram you can use the Archive function, you won’t lose the data and will maintain a record for any internal need that could pop up.

I wouldn’t recommend deleting a post and I don’t think its necessary to get rid of sales posts if they aren’t interfering with your overall content.

I have used Archive for sales or event graphics I have to post that I don’t want visible on my feeds long term. 😅

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I don’t see any reason to delete. In fact, it may be worth keeping if there were a lot of questions on it that your team responded to or a lot of positive engagement. When I’m going to try a new product sometimes I’ll dive into their social media to see how people are talking about them. You can uncover a lot of hidden bad reviews just by digging into social - same with positive feedback and love. 

There is no reason to delete it, and one more thing is the old posts showing the authority of your account or page so do not delete it

CEO : proinstaapks

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks all for confirming the “no need to delete”. @amanda.coe the archive function is working well to clean up our IG feed so that there aren’t duplicates of the same graphic 2-3 times.