Weekly check in! Welcome to the week of February 14th for the Build your brand cohort!

• 15 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello! It’s the week of February 14th!

This is our first weekly check-in! We’ll be using these weekly check-ins as a way for you to stay true to your goals and set up a solid framework for yourself as you track toward your goals. Be sure to check back on Mondays for these threads!

For this first check-in, let’s share:

• Your name
  • Your goal for the next 7 weeks
  • What you want out of the next 7 weeks with this program
  • One thing that you’re doing to hit your goal

Other Community happenings

Check out the Introductions & networking megathread for more info on some of the other participants.

Our product team wants to hear from you about your ideas to make Sprout better. We have the Share Product Ideas forum open for business.

I’ll be sharing more information about the program, so be sure to check back!

12 replies

Ashley here - I’d say my goal for the next 7 weeks is to increase brand awareness through reach/impressions on social. Right now we have a lot going on including hiring and upcoming events, so I’m going to worry a little less about the engagement and more about getting people to see the messages. 

With this program I would like to learn more about how to get higher, quality engagement. To have active engagement on social is my goal for 2022. 

Right now I am creating content monthly by referring back to what has worked on each platform in the past few months and creating content around the same themes. I’m also working to make each platform truly have different content as I’m noticing the audiences are truly different. 

Userlevel 1

Hey, I’m Caitlin! For the next 7 weeks, my goal is to increase organic reach on social and improve the virality of the content we create - particularly in regards to post shares and comments where users tag each other. Relatability is a big focus with the content we are producing this year!

With this program, from a Sprout Social perspective, I am hoping to learn how I can utilise the platform to achieve the above goal, as well as the ones I shared in the intro post. In particular, the Sprout tagging function! I keep hearing how great it is, so I want to carve out the time to get up to speed on this function and implement an internal process for tagging in Sprout. In regards, to this group/community, I am hoping to pick up some tips and tricks as to what has worked for others in regards to increasing reach and engagement on social media.

Right now, I am planning the creation of content in more varying forms, e.g. IG Reels, which will take a more organic rather than polished approach, to increase reach and, hopefully, engagement. I am also pulling together a strategy and roll-out plan to extend the social media channels we are utilising currently. Finally, this week I have found numerous online resources on the Sprout Social tagging function, so I will start to consume those and put them into action!

Userlevel 2

​​​​​​Hey, I’m Cara! My big goal for the next 7 weeks is to setup/test-run/get a content schedule going for our Tik-Tok account. I also want to try Twitter Spaces.

Over the next few weeks with regard to this program, I hope to get accountability and ideas for ways to boost our brand. (It’s also helpful just to have a community centered around similar goals.)

We just posted our first three Tik-Toks this week. It’s scary but I’m learning! I’m also researching the Tik-Tok algorithm and listening in on Twitter Spaces conversations. Our office wants to try new things in the social space and out of the two, I really think we are a better fit for Spaces. (Time will tell!)  Overall, we just want to increase our brand reach so I’ve also been using sprout to assess past content and top performing pieces. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We just posted our first three Tik-Toks this week. It’s scary but I’m learning! I’m also researching the Tik-Tok algorithm and listening in on Twitter Spaces conversations.

@caracbbb Congratulations!!! How did they do in the early numbers? Want to drop your TikTok so we can check them out?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caitlin.kooyman Love it! If you want some tagging recommendations, hit me up. We have a lot of stuff, but there’s a few things we’ve done that are pretty specific. Like this video on a tagging structure from a while back.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@ashley.gatchel I love the callout around how different audiences are on each network because they’re so very different. I know lots of brands that are making a move to network specific strategies this year. Going to be neat to see numbers! Let us know how we can support you!

Userlevel 2

We just posted our first three Tik-Toks this week. It’s scary but I’m learning! I’m also researching the Tik-Tok algorithm and listening in on Twitter Spaces conversations.

@caracbbb Congratulations!!! How did they do in the early numbers? Want to drop your TikTok so we can check them out?

Visibility is great! About 1,000 views total. Engagement not so much - which hurts but helps us know good from bad. We did two fun and one educational. Going to continue on and try to get some others in the office involved! (We are working remotely so it’s hard.) Check us out @bbbarkansas (just don’t judge me:upside_down: )

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caracbbb Judge you? For TikToks? I love how chaotic that place is!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caracbbb I just watched all three and I love the one with tool reviews!!!!! I’m all about value-driven campaigns. Brilliant!

Userlevel 2

@caracbbb I just watched all three and I love the one with tool reviews!!!!! I’m all about value-driven campaigns. Brilliant!

Thank you! I hope to continue that series and bring staff in for some of the more “fun” ones. 

Userlevel 1

@joe.huber thank you! Just watched that video and it was so helpful, I am starting on my tag map now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@joe.huber thank you! Just watched that video and it was so helpful, I am starting on my tag map now.

@caitlin.kooyman Thank YOU!! That’s what I like to read on a Monday! Feel free to lean on the community, as well, for other tips. We’ll have more friends joining us, soon!