Question

What camera do you use for going live?

• 18 April 2024
  • 2 replies

What camera does everyone use for going live? Right now we have MEVO but the camera is old and outdated.

This would be for press conferences mostly.

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey there @rachael.maas, recently I’ve found it easiest to go live on social using my phone camera - but I guess it depends on your needs! Is it worth investing in a professional set up? 

Here’s an example of an event we went live on Facebook for last week: https://www.facebook.com/meanycenter/videos/1762512134241565  Thought about investing in a small microphone to help with sound in these instances, but otherwise my phone serves me well. 

I’ve also experimented with hooking up our mirrorless Sony to livestream. Not too bad of a process and great quality! But typically I’m looking for something more mobile. We have to be a little scrappy over here in terms of equipment, but would love to hear suggestions from others as well! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We typically go live on Facebook for press conferences. I use a Cisco desktop webcam on a tripod plugged into a laptop. I used to go straight to Facebook, but in the past year I started using OBS Studio so that I can use things like a “starting soon” animation and overlays during the video.