Skip to main content

Who’s do you want to reach?…. Everyone!

• 4 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I understand the appeal of wanting to reach everyone, but it’s always the same conversation. “Let's dive deeper. Who specifically are you trying to connect with?” Different demographics, interests, and needs can greatly influence social media strategy. For example, most of my clients are federal agencies in the public health sector. The target audience plays a crucial role in shaping the messaging and outreach strategies. For some reason, this concept doesn't seem to resonate with clients. It's a constant challenge to convey the importance of tailoring our message and approach to match the unique needs and communication preferences of our target audience.

I'm interested to know if others encounter this challenge. If you work with clients who cater to various audiences and cover diverse topics, how do you manage to address these varied subjects effectively?

1 reply

Userlevel 3

I have experienced this in my work. A while ago, I heard some advice around this that has stuck with me. At the end of the day, our job is to please the client. If the client is happy, even if you know their messages could have been targeted, you did your job. Ask yourself, is this the hill you really want to die on?