COMPANY: Valley Bank - Financial Services Industry
LOCATION: Hybrid (in New Jersey, New York, Florida or Alabama) or Remote
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing and supporting many key functions and activities within the Omni-Channel Digital Marketing team. The position has a strong concentration on social media including customer care, community management, online reputation management as well as planning, implementing and monitoring the company's social media strategy in order to drive online presence and reinforce brand awareness.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with PR, Content Marketing, Creative, Events, Product, and Talent Acquisition teams to create, support, and execute social media content and campaigns that support the overall goals of the company.
- Participate in campaign creation and help distribute customized creative and content across Valley's social media channels.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Assist with compiling social media performance results and reports.
- Handle competitive analysis, ongoing marketing research and analysis relevant to social media and digital marketing.
- Keep abreast of latest developing trends and insights to ensure best-in-class strategy and approach.
- Participate in team brainstorms to discuss how insights translate into actionable brand and social media execution.
- Manage the entire social media customer care channel across all of Valley's social media platforms by effectively monitoring customer inquiries across social media channels and responding to inquiries promptly.
- Work directly with key stakeholders in Legal, Compliance, Risk, Customer Service and various lines of business to ensure all social media customer care requests and responses are triaged, handled, entered into a tracking system and resolved/closed.
Online Reputation (ORM) & Community Management:
- Work closely with team members to set up a review and ratings platform establishing integration within the online channel and digital ecosystem.
- Responding to reviews/questions/comments that appear on third-party sites.
- Via Social Listening tools, track social media alerts and mentions of our brand, products, and public-facing staff. Utilize social listening tools to analyze data trends and report on product and promotional insights to cross-functional teams.
- Interact and respond to social media messages, mentions and tags in an effort to drive community engagement and brand/product conversations.
- Keen understanding of popular social media networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter) and social media content/monitoring tools (i.e., Social Studio, Likeshop, Hootsuite or similar systems).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including eye for visual.
- Self-starter and a detailed-oriented team player with creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint, and ability to understand and utilize multiple systems/databases.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, communication, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Must have a sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit, with a proactive edge, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs and processes.
- Good understanding of social media and digital marketing with an appetite to work on related ad-hoc projects.
- Positive attitude, customer-oriented and a results driven decision maker.
- Ability to multitask, quickly change priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to conduct market research and demonstrate analytical skills (Google Analytics knowledge a plus).
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field and a minimum of 3 years' professional experience in social media marketing or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a social media community management or customer service capacity is preferred.