Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
A key position in Chubb’s high-performing Social Media Center of Excellence (CoE), the Global Social Media Manager will play a central, hands-on role in the day-to-day execution of the company’s organic social media strategy alongside an enthusiastic team of more than 50 social content contributors around the world.
Reporting to the VP, Global Head of Social Media, this experienced professional will have diverse responsibilities in internal team operations, social listening and community management, employee advocacy program management, and vendor/platform relations. The person in this role will also have an opportunity to craft social media content for Chubb’s global channels.
The Social Media Center of Excellence is a newly created function within Chubb’s Global Marketing, Communications and Investor Relations team. This innovative CoE creatively powers brand building, business growth and talent attraction for Chubb. The Global Social Media Manager is a high-visibility position with immense potential to grow as the CoE expands.
INTERNAL TEAM OPERATIONS:
- In partnership with the VP, create and execute energizing and empowering engagement tactics (meetings, events, chats, newsletters) to align a geographically-dispersed team around a consistent social media strategy, ensure cross-team sharing of insights, and build team spirit
- Support the VP with creating, organizing, and maintaining CoE presentations and best practice playbooks, process documents, team roster, platform access credentials, policies, and performance metrics
- Implement social measurement plan and consistently report on content performance, which includes proactively identifying macro and micro trends and sharing insights across the team
- Monitor day-to-day social publishing to ensure adherence to established editorial review process and governance model
- Deliver a high level of responsiveness to a variety of daily requests across the global team, including trouble-shooting platform access and publishing issues
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within the CoE; take initiative to create or improve upon processes – aiming to establish best practices that can be scaled globally
SOCIAL LISTENING & COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT:
- With direction from the VP and in partnership with US and India-based media monitoring colleagues, build a robust and reliable system for monitoring social conversations pertaining to Chubb’s business and key topics of interest
- Manage day-to-day social listening for Chubb; synthesize insights into concise weekly (and in some cases daily) reports for senior leadership
- Own the social community management function for Chubb; professionalize our social engagement work to ensure appropriate and timely customer service and escalations globally, as well as proactive “surprise and delight” engagements with our community members
EMPLOYEE ADVOCACY PROGRAM MANAGEMENT & GROWTH:
- Lead day-to-day management of Chubb’s global employee advocacy platform enabling ~5,000 colleagues around the world to serve as Chubb ambassadors with their personal social networks
- Develop creative best practice documents, trainings and/or gamification elements to evangelize employee advocacy within the company and grow the program’s success
- Partner with the Internal Communications CoE to publicize Chubb social media content to our employees and encouraging sharing
- Evaluate and recommend modifications to the program to have bigger impact with an eye toward 2023 and future-state needs
- Serve as day-to-day Chubb contact for the advocacy platform’s channel admins, helping trouble-shoot issues and proactively advising on best practices to optimize impact
VENDOR & PLATFORM RELATIONS
- Manage day-to-day relationships with our key social vendors (currently SproutSocial and FirstUp), ensuring we have access to the latest tools and features from these vendors and that we get maximum value for our investment
- Support the VP in managing relationships with our account representatives at LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and additional platforms like Reddit and TikTok
- Help the VP execute a social vendor review and establish the social tech stack that will serve Chubb in 2023 and future state
- 6+ years of experience working in social media with a track record of success in organic social media content development, audience building, advocacy, listening, community management and/or operations; additional experience across marketing and communications is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – must be able to clearly communicate, build relationships, influence, and rally support among stakeholders
- Experience operating nimbly and achieving positive results within a large, matrixed organization desired, as is experience communicating across diverse cultures and geographies
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and follow-through; able to balance multiple projects and competing priorities without missing a beat
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required; must be able to own and carry out work independently, tapping into relevant resources to bring about desired outcomes
- A team and business builder who is never satisfied with the status quo, a change agent, energetic and engaging who will work relentlessly to see their vision come to fruition
- Self-motivated, driven to make an impact, tenacious, comfortable with ambiguity, results-focused, collaborative, respectful, solution-oriented
- Specific platform expertise with LinkedIn highly desired, along with knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, emerging platforms and influencer marketing
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, marketing or another discipline; additional education welcome
The pay range for the role is $80,500 to $137,000. The specific offer will depend on an applicant’s skills and other factors. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program. Chubb offers a comprehensive benefits package, more details on which can be found at https://careers.chubb.com/global/en/north-america. The disclosed pay range estimate may be adjusted for the applicable geographic differential for the location in which the position is filled.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliationagainst any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
LOCATION: United States, hybrid work (3 days/week in office) - ideally in New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Whitehouse Station, NJ - will consider Chicago or other cities where Chubb has a presence
HIRING MANAGER: Dan Klamm, VP, Global Head of Social Media & Content Strategy at Chubb
Feel free to reach out to me via DM with any questions!