2024: What do you want to leave behind + what do you want to see more of?

• 29 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This is one of my favorite questions to cap off a year. 👎🏻 What do you want to leave behind in 2023? AND 👍🏻 What are you excited to do more of/start in 2024? These can be personal to your situation or the industry as a whole.

Ok I’ll go first to get everyone going….

👎🏻 What I want to leave behind is more broadly for the industry as a whole - I want to see social break out of it’s silo and I don’t want people to think of it as an after thought. Also, companies need to invest in experienced social experts! If you want to leverage social in a major way for your brand you can’t expect one person with a few years experience to come in and conquer the world on their own - it isn’t fair to them. 

👍🏻 I want to see more social first content being used beyond just organic social. Use it in paid (not just paid social), newsletters, emails, etc. The sky is the limit. If constructed well, your social team may be the most connected to your customers so the content they have the ability to create can resonate with customers in varying places and ways.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @Nycole !

I also want to see social-first content being used in more ways! It’s such a great way to get teams to collaborate more and create a cohesive experience for users.

Here’s what’s on my list:

👎🏻 Doing too much. I just can’t. My team can’t. We have to learn to prioritize.

👍🏻 I want us to think about social as a community and not a place where sales happen. Our product isn’t going to be sold through any social channel, but what will happen is building communities and fandom and loyalty. And we don’t always focus on that - we push product a bit too aggressively. 

Have an awesome year!

Hannah