Holiday Giveaway Extravaganza

Giveaway Extravaganza: Day 3

• 13 December 2023
  • 45 replies
Giveaway Extravaganza: Day 3
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What's your social media marketing pet peeve?

Is it your hate for the world “viral”? Share it the thread below with the community and see if others can relate. Jump in on others conversations and share your perspective.

How to Participate:

Reply to the question in the thread below and converse with others for a chance to win a ChatGPT Bible Book, a $50 Amazon gift card, and swag like an Arboretum Pen, Sticker, and Echo Water Bottle!

📆 Want to see the other giveaways? See the full line-up here: 

The Promotion begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on December 13, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on December 13, 2023. To participate in the promotion, engage with the outlined discussions by sharing your social media marketing pet peeve for the chance to win a ChatGPT Bible Book & $50 Amazon Gift Card - $50. One prize will be awarded. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the United States (with the exception of Hawaii), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, 21 years or older. Information provided to Sprout Social, Inc. is subject to our privacy policy.

To read the full terms and conditions, here.

45 replies

Clients adding in extra tasks that aren't part of your agreed upon services...“can you send out this email for me?”, “can you update my website?”

My pet peeve is definitely the thousands of self-proclaimed “social media experts” on TikTok and Instagram that just regurgitate information and don’t actually have experience managing social channels.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Meta Business Suite… enough said.

Userlevel 2

When a client prefers improper grammar in their captions. Example: Doesn’t want to use the Oxford comma. 

“Link in bio” I just wish IG would just let links be clickable already! TicTok comment links too! Just let people follow the links even if it takes them off your app. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I hate when people assume that I can ‘get something out quick, it’s just social media’ and not give me advance notice or respect for what I do. 

Pet Peeve: #Too #Many #Hashtags!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My social media pet peeve is believing that buying followers is a viable way to grow your audience.

When you have to explain multiple times why heavily branded posts with stock photos are not performing well 😩

Userlevel 2

Not taking the time to make content social accessible, like adding alt text to images. 

Userlevel 2

From my non-profit seat, it’s definitely when content gets nixed for not being ‘business formal’ enough. I’m not going to post the same content to Tiktok that I’m posting to LinkedIn. It’s a different audience and you can’t treat everyone the same. (I mean, I guess you can but 😬)

Userlevel 1

Facebook Ads Manager is the bane of our existence!! It’s always changing, never the same, but that’s not even the problem. They do it so fast, that you don’t even have a chance to get use to it before they change it again. It’s the absolute worst!!!!!! 😖

My social media marketing is to many hashtags. I believe that utilizing five hashtags or more is unnecessary, and it's essential to focus on getting straight to the point.

my biggest pet peeve(s) are captions that are OBVIOUSLY written by chatgpt.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I still have to deal with “can you post this link in the Instagram post caption.” 🙄 

NO. I told you last week, I told you last month. NO LINKS! 

Agree with so many of the posts!
A big one for me is all the unsolicited advice from people within the business who think they are social media experts because they use social media in a personal capacity 🙃

My pet peeve is when companies are on social media because ‘it’s trendy’ and ‘youthful’ or they feel like they have to do it, but then don’t bother to use it properly. Like they just post about products or sales, rather than leaning into the community or culture of specific platforms. Then their posts don’t perform well and they wonder why (or worse, blame the SMM) … 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

My pet peeve is spelling or grammar errors😅 For example in the prompt for this giveaway “It is your hate for the world “viral”? Share it the thread below”

Oops. You sure got us on this one, @brooklyn.smith. Thanks for pointing out the typo - fixed it. Coz we’re with you - grammatical errors/typos are not fun 😅

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I still have to deal with “can you post this link in the Instagram post caption.” 🙄 

NO. I told you last week, I told you last month. NO LINKS! 

I definitely read this in your voice, @raven.gill 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

And the winner is….. 🥁🥁🥁 @amanda.lor! Congratulations! Check your private messages for a message from me!