2-Minute Video

Watch Now: The Latest Episode of 'This Week in Social' - April 28th 📺

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies
Watch Now: The Latest Episode of 'This Week in Social' - April 28th 📺
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you up to date on the latest social media news? If not, we've got you covered!

In this week's episode, we cover Twitter's latest moves, including the reinstatement of blue checkmarks for accounts with over a million followers and the arrival of the Twitter alternative, Bluesky, on Android.

We also dive into Instagram's new feature, which lets you display up to 5 links in your profile bio, and we share Meta's plans to double the amount of AI recommendations in user feeds.

Watch now:

Read more about these stories: 

Tell us in the comments below!

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I love this weekly highlight reel of social updates. I’ll definitely be tuning in every week. (So much more than than just text based)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m with Erin - this is great! I appreciate the short video!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you @erin.chapman @desiree! Any other feedback or thoughts on what other updates, content you’d love to see?

Userlevel 1

Having a highlights of the updates and changes to each platform in this quick format is great. Especially since Twitter keeps changing everything every single day. I’d love to know more about TikTok updates and trends as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you @desiree and @erin.chapman, love to hear this! Some weeks can be a struggle to get things together, so I really appreciate your kind words and knowing it’s worth it. ❤

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’d love to see you all work in 2-3 min videos on any of the following:

1. Recent changes to popular social media platforms.
  2. Emerging trends in social media marketing (influencer marketing, content creation, social media advertising).

3. Analysis of social media campaigns from major brands and their effectiveness in engaging with their audience.

4. Interviews with industry experts on topics related to social media, such as the impact of social media on mental health or the role of social media in shaping public opinion.

5. Updates on social media policy changes, such as new regulations around data privacy and online harassment.

6. Discussions about social media's role in current events and how people are using social media to communicate and organize.

7. Reviews of new social media apps and platforms that are gaining popularity.

8. News about the latest social media research (studies on how social media is affecting our behavior and mental health, etc).

9. Conversations around social media ethics and responsible use of social media (incl. hate speech, fake news, and misinformation).