2-Minute Videos

📺 Watch Now: This Week In Social - July 7th

• 7 July 2023
  • 7 replies
📺 Watch Now: This Week In Social - July 7th
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy Friday, Arboretum! Instagram introduces collaborative posts, enabling users to include multiple collaborators, while Twitter faces backlash over temporary tweet limits imposed by Elon Musk and much more!

Don't forget to follow us for your weekly dose of social media updates.

Watch Now:

Read these stories:

What are your thoughts on Instagram's new messaging app, Threads? Do you think it will be a game-changer in fostering authentic and spontaneous conversations, or do you prefer other messaging platforms?

7 replies

Badge

Slow week in social, huh? lol

Userlevel 1

I’m excited about the multiple partners now being allowed on collab posts in Instagram! I hadn’t heard that yet so thanks for including it in this week’s update.

What is everyone’s planned frequency of posts for Threads?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Personally, I’m loving Threads. Reminds me of when and why I fell in love with social and how I was able to move from education into Marketing thanks to Twitter. As a brand, I can see how Threads will provide an opportunity to connect with our audience in more authentic, less salesy ways. (Assuming Legal signs off...)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Personally, I’m loving Threads. Reminds me of when and why I fell in love with social and how I was able to move from education into Marketing thanks to Twitter. As a brand, I can see how Threads will provide an opportunity to connect with our audience in more authentic, less salesy ways. (Assuming Legal signs off...)

I feel the same! We’ve slogged through years of endless algorithm changes and restrictions, and Threads has emerged as a vibrant platform that’s actually *social.*

I’ve loved seeing how early-adopter brands are interacting with the platform, and I’m curious to see how different industries will adapt to the platform.

Userlevel 1

I’m excited about the multiple partners now being allowed on collab posts in Instagram! I hadn’t heard that yet so thanks for including it in this week’s update.

Agree that this is a great improvement. @Jonathan Zuluaga  Any idea on when/if the API will start to allow 3rd parties like SproutSocial to include collaborator tags as part of the compose/publishing process vs having to do so in the native app using a mobile publisher push notification?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@danielle.thompson That’s the million dollar question! Unfortunately, we don’t get much insight into when API changes will be allowed. What I do suggest is you submit an idea via this forum, and get updated when changes to come!