Skip to main content

AI and Content Creation

• 12 July 2024
  • 2 replies

What's one thing you love (or hate) about how AI is shaping social media today?

Shoutout to @Jonathan Zuluaga for the prompt because this topic is still e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e and that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon 😅

Content creation tools for AI are both love and hate for me. I love that for me, as a team of one, they enable me to be more efficient, to move faster, be better, and help me along on days when all the caffeine in the world simply can’t. Tools like Opus Clips are amazing for turning long-form webinars into digestible social media clips, features like the AI-assisted writing features in Sprout Social are great when I need 3-4 variations of a post for team members to share out, and tools like GPT are really powerful for generating ideas at scale and speeding up the research process (with the caveat of checking its work). 

The hate is seeing people in and outside of my org using these tools without safeguards - not making changes to copy, not fact checking, etc. AI should be an assistant or a tool, something to help maximize your time - not as a replacement for people completely. 

So to sum it up - love the opportunities presented, hate to see them used in a way that minimizes the hard work we do.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Agreed about your view on AI-powered content creation. GenAI is a powerful ideation and drafting tool, no doubt about it. But I am a bit concerned that some folks might see AI as a “turnkey solution” in content creation that doesn’t necessarily need quality control or editing — and it’s the humanity and authenticity in what’s created that suffers.

Userlevel 2

The not fact-checking part is HUGE! I am stunned time and time again when I ask someone about copy and they are like I don’t know, AI wrote it. Like if you can’t answer my question, what are you going to do in the comments and the DMs?!