Skip to main content

AI Giveaway Response

• 15 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m somewhere in the middle when it comes to AI and how it is influencing/shaping social media. 

On one hand, AI can be a great tool for inspiration. If you’re feeling stuck on how to express a thought for a social media post, AI tools can work to help (possibly - and I say that with utmost honesty here) spark further inspiration.

On the other? Using AI on social media is a slippery slope. One day, it can help spark inspiration, as I just mentioned. The next day someone could use it every day to shape their social media campaigns and/or strategies instead of collaborating with team members or doing outside research (such as looking into audience insights, engagement and more) to make more informed decisions.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I agree about the slippery slope! What happens one day when AI is just a lawless land like Wikipedia and you know that it is good info, but are unsure about how real it is. 

Some AI tools are great though and make my life so much easier….so my feelings change almost daily! 

Userlevel 2

Exactly! I use it sometimes when I need a little spark of inspo, but 9x out of 10, it’s trash 🤣

Userlevel 2

The amount of times I type “try again” is insane! I end up just rewriting their rewrite and going with my own version! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Definitely in the middle of the road myself. To me, AI applied in social media is not a cut and dried positive or negative. There’s a lot of nuance in play.