Skip to main content

AI Pros and Cons

• 15 July 2024
  • 2 replies

AI is such a tricky topic right now for me in the world of social. On one hand, I like the idea of AI being able to take the thoughts in my head and shape them into a more understandable message, and even get some A/B testing ideas for captions within ads. Some days when the creative juices are running low, AI has stepped up to the plate and helped me not to fall behind in the copywriting part of social management. 

One thing that I am having a hard time with is what is being categorized as AI. I was chatting with a photographer friend about AI who was talking about some of her professional photos getting flagged as AI in social platforms because of some of the tools that she uses in the editing process. I know @Sarah Davidson mentioned AI photography not looking realistic in a note on this topic and I so agree, but I need better clarification from Instagram and other platforms in their marking of AI, so we aren’t getting confused with real-life photographers using tools to improve their workflow. 

Also I need Instagram to know that I literally never want to use Meta AI. I always accidentally click on it when I am working in DMs, and it is like “What do you want Meta AI to look into for you?” and I am like literally nothing, nothing for the rest of time. 

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Ugh, how frustrating that must be for your friend! Photographers can’t only rely on their raw product; editing tools are essential! It’s not like they’re distorting the entire photo. So annoying!

Userlevel 2

Right! If a client wants an exit sign edited out of their otherwise perfect photo, and the photographer has a tool to easily do that, why should that be flagged? If anything those tools are delivering us as social marketers better images FASTER. 

I would rather have an “AI” edited photo (air quotes because that is not even how I would describe this) than have bad stock photography or even worse….terribly made graphics!