Skip to main content
Question

My response: What's one thing you love or hate about AI in social media today?

• 15 July 2024
  • 3 replies

The ease of using AI cannot be ignored. It helps make posting quicker and easier. However, I do not like how I can scroll through a feed and immediately know which posts are AI generated. There is not enough variation in the tone or vocabulary of the responses generated. 

3 replies

Userlevel 2

What tools are you using? I find that with Chat GPT that I am taking more time to get them to write something that I can actually use, Sometimes it is easier, but sometimes I don’t think that AI is smart enough to understand real word tone and inflection just yet. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Agreed, but I think this is partly because people aren’t customizing prompts enough and truly learning to work with AI. For example, for whatever reason, the nicer you are in the way you talk to ChatGPT, the better the outputs. You can ask it to try again with different tones or “vibes” (my coffee hasn’t fully kicked in, vibes is all I’ve got haha). 

But I also look at it as AI giving me a half finished sculpture, instead of me having to start from scratch with a block of clay. I still need to take it over the finish line with the details and some tweaking to make sure it fits our brand standards and tone. 

Badge

Yes, I agree. I definitely tweak the responses it generates and add my own feel to it. A great deal of others do not, I can always tell who did not write their own content. But I am interested in learning how to work with AI more efficiently. And I do have conversations where I say, please word that differently, don’t use this word, change it up etc...