Question

College/Department Level Engagement Rate Per Impression Averages

• 3 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I manage the social strategy and accounts for a computer science college at a bigger university. One of the questions I get constantly is how our average engagement rate per impression (organic, across platforms) compares to other colleges or departments in Universities of comparable size.

We have undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs within our college and are located primarily in Boston, MA, with network campuses around the country and in Canada. 

Hoping to get any insight into this from anyone willing to share. Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Khoury College, I’m tagging some other folks in the Higher Ed industry to help you out.

@WebbLewis @hector.villarreal @shelby.parker @morgan.gilbard @jill.johnstone king @Camille Turner @christina.thompson @tmilfordhoyt @rebecca.harnas @andrew.johns 

Sprout Social also has a benchmarks report which you might find some value in, here the link to the report.

Userlevel 1

Hi Khoury College,

What exactly are you asking for? Comparison stats or how to compare? If you use Sprout Competitive Analysis, you can compare your engagement rate to your competitors. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Khoury College,

Have you checked out some of the competitor analysis features in sprout’s reporting tab? I’d recommend doing that and also some research on institutions that offer similar degree programs and have similar enrollment levels as yours so you have an idea of comparable colleges. You probably already have an idea of who some of your competitors may be, but it can also be useful to research other institutions that may be further away but share commonalities with your own. Get a few of those identified and add them to your competitor analysis reports. Check out their posting habits and style and see how yours compares and you can adapt or even take inspiration as needed.

If you can specify a bit more about what kind of comparisons you’d like to do using your analytics in sprout, I’d be happy to share more insight from my perspective!

Miles