Skip to main content

We have aquired a company, and wanted to see if we could merge their business Facebook page and Instagram pages with our business Facebook and Instagram pages. Is this possible? I know we can add their pages to our business portfolio, but I wanted to know if we can merge them together (followers, etc.). I thought it was a few years ago, but may have changed. Thank you for any help - I always get the best resources here and I am so helpful!

Hi @Annie Doherty, I don’t believe there is an option to merge with Meta’s platforms. I’m tagging some Arb members who I believe are familiar with this, or have gone through acquisitions to help you with some options or recommendations.

@lisa.rodrigo @ben.marcus @alyssa.martelli @mvasquez @jo.smith @sofi.szli 

Thank you so much. 

Hi @Annie Doherty, I’m not sure about merging the Instagram accounts, but you can merge two Facebook pages if they fit the following circumstances:

• They have the same name and represent the same thing. If you’d like your Pages to have the same name, you can request a name change for one of your Pages. After the change is approved and your Pages have the same name, you can request to merge them.
  • They have the same address if they have physical locations.
  • They’re under the same Business Manager account.
  • The Page you want to merge from isn’t the primary Page of a Business Manager account.

You can't merge:

• 2 Facebook Pages if they’re global Pages.
  • A verified Page into a Page that isn’t verified.

For the Facebook page you acquired, I would update the name to match your original, update the address in it’s bio and release it from the original Business Portfolio if it was claimed already. I believe that last part should help ensure it’s not the primary page of that old Business Manager account (though not 100% sure).

@Annie Doherty You can have Meta help you with Instagram merges. Not sure there is a way to do it on your own but I was able to have them merge two Instagram and also merge two Facebook’s within the past year. You should be able to go through business manager and get customer service that way.