Skip to main content

I keep reading that the trend will be that companies will hyperfocus their channels and not be “everywhere”. My hunch is that the easy one to discontinue is Twitter/X, but will you stop others? 

Have you left already?

How has your experience been @sarah.root after leaving (posted on @sara.costello’s feed about 😵? Has it improved your brand’s efforts, after losing potential exposure?

I wish I could discontinue Threads and Twitter. Threads just seems to lack features. Our Threads audience seems like a smaller cross section of our current Instagram audience and less engaged. Optimistically, I’m putting a plan together, but I don’t see the platform going anywhere unless there are major improvements. 

I hope 2024 is the year we leave Twitter/X! 🔮 

I would like to discontinue the use of Twitter. The decrease in engagement rate on our account has been a quick fall and paid doesnt seem to be a viable option. 

Not stopping any of our brand accounts. You can always lighten up focus but keep social listening for opportunities and just share relevant content from other channels. Not all channels need 100% new content. 

We currently use X/Twitter along with several other platforms, however we stopped advertising on the platform two years ago.  The only thing that keeps us there is a small, vocal group of independent pharmacists. Our engagements on that platform are way down, and I expect we will no longer post there within the year.

As for Threads, I joined with my personal account last year, and have noticed a marked increase in activity in the past few months.  It took some time to grow my feed organically, but it is pretty good now.  For the Threads account I manage, we are gradually ramping up there.  Not a lot of interaction as yet.  Instagram was never as good for us as Twitter. Same with Facebook.  We are having good experience connecting with like-minded professionals, patient groups and pharmacy professionals on Linkedin.

One platform we have had great luck with is TikTok. Our small shop cannot post there as often as we would like but we do get great responses there.